I shrug, "I-" The guy shakes his head and I know what he's saying even if he's not actually saying it, "Whatever is the best for you."

She smiles and he nods, "Right answer." He tells me. 

She hits him with more questions and I stand beside her trying to keep my bearings. 

The thing is the thought of living with her isn't even terrifying, its the fact that I might have a fucking cat. 

They're just giant rodents. 

"Thank you for your time." Percy says and the guy nods, giving us his business card before walking off. 

"This was so cool." She giggles as we get back into my truck. 

I nod but don't say anything as I start the truck. 

"Whats wrong?" She asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I shrug and she groans, "Is it because I was talking about us living together? I'm sorry if that's too much for you right now, I get it I shouldn't have said that. I-"

"You want a fucking cat?" I ask, looking over at her and her eyes widen. 

"This is about a hypothetical cat?" 

"Yes." I say and she laughs. 

She tries to stop laughing but a snort escapes her which in turn makes her laugh more. 

"What?" I ask, my brows pinched in confusion. 

She shakes her head, "What's so wrong with a cat?"

"They're awful, spiteful creatures." He says and I laugh more, "Wow, Asa. I never thought you had such a hatred for cats."

I shrug, "My mom had one when I was growing up. Thing would steal my food and scratch the shit out of me when I would take it back from him."

When the stupid thing ran away, mom cried but I was elated. I hated Mr. Whiskers. 

"Asa, baby, we don't have to get a cat." She tells me, "But you want one."

She shrugs, "So? If we live together we'll compromise on things, that's what couples or roommates do. You don't want a cat, we don't have to get one. I would like an animal though, I love dogs and hell I would take a pet turtle if thats what you're into."

Percy runs her fingers through my hair, "I do like dogs." I tell her and she smiles. 

"See, I don't need a cat to be happy and I don't need you to sacrifice things you might want or might not want to make me happy either. For me, just being with you is enough."

At the red light I lean over and kiss her. Sometimes when I hold her at night I think about how I managed to get so lucky. 

It's like without even trying she just understands me. She never makes me feel stupid or undeserving of things. 

This girl is it for me. 

* * * 

Once we get back to the house, Percy sets out all the snacks as everyone piles into the living room. 

"What are we watching?" Miles asks and I point to Peyton, "Her pick."

She grins, "Ya'll are going to love it." 

Percy comes in with a bowl of popcorn in her hand, "Spoiler alert, it's an Amanda Seinfeld movie."

Peyton rolls her eyes, "You just guessed."

My girlfriend smiles, "Or I just know you super well."

"Where's Ridge?" K.J. asks and I felt like we were missing a big presence. 

"Oh his parents are in town." Peyton says and it the whole room looks over at her. 

She just shrugs, "What? We were hanging out here earlier while the rest of you guys were busy and they just showed up and demanded he come out to dinner with them."

That means Ridge is going to be in a pissy mood soon. Anytime his parents stop by he starts acting like an entitled prick. 

His parents may not be the worst but they aren't the best either. The care more about money and status than anything, well except for Ridge. 

He's their one and only child which means he was spoiled. 

"Oh did I tell you." Percy starts as I sit beside her, "Phoenix is coming with us to shop for dresses for the wedding."

Oh good luck with that. Clothes shopping with Ridge is rough on a good day, add in this shit with his family and he's going to be a monster. 

I don't warn Percy, however, because she'd never believe it unless she sees it. 

Beside, I know whatever he picks out for them will look good. 

It'll totally be worth my girlfriend killing me for it. 

________

A/N I love cats, I have four and I don't condone cat hate in this house. I had to give Asa a major red flag ya'll but it hurt to write it ngl