Me: everything set for today?

FootballGod: sure thing Seph

FootballGod: oh ur boyfriend says hi

Me: did you change your contact name? when did you have time to change it?

FootballGod: are u not going to say hi back to ur boyfriend? ur gonna give him a complex

Me: 🙄🤦‍♀️

"So what's new with you, Seph?" Baylor asks and I set my phone down. 

"Oh she didn't tell you?" Peyton asks her, "Seph here found herself a boyfriend."

Baylor's interest is immediately peaked. 

"Ooh, do tell, who is he?" 

I'm not worried about Baylor trying to go after Asa. Not because I believe our sort of friendship and growing up together would deter her but because as much as I love Asa, he is not her type. 

For starters he's younger than her and she hates the thought of being like her mom and becoming a cougar. 

Then it's the way he presents himself. Asa isn't friends with everyone like Phoenix but he's a natural charmer and likes to go to parties and be social. 

She likes non of that. 

Her type is the quiet but dominating type. That he isn't insecure that he remains quiet but that he just chooses not to go to parties most of the time or doesn't go out of his way to be social. 

That is why I know for certain she is going to eat K.J. up. 

"He's in one of my classes and also happens to be the captain to my dads football team." I tell her. 

"Oof, how'd your dad take you dating one of his players?" She asks and I cringe. 

Since the other night I haven't really spoken to my dad. After I cried on Asa's shoulder he told me to take sometime for myself but that he thought I should hear my dad out and maybe talk to him alone. 

I hated that he was right. Still, I'm taking my time away from dad before I talk to him again. I need to be calm next time and not blow up and storm out like I had before. 

I also want to do it before the wedding which seems to continue to get closer and closer. 

Janet texted the other day and asked if I would be a part of her bridal party. I accepted of course but that meant I had no choice but to confront my past demons aka my dad and what happened to my mom. 

That, however, is for another day because right now I'm all focused on celebrating my best friends birthday. 

"He took it how I thought he would." I admit. I knew my dad wouldn't like it but a part of me hoped he would just be happy for me. Just this once. 

After that the conversation switches to Baylor and how she's doing. She tells us about how excited she is to finally graduate soon and her plans for after graduation. 

Once we're done eating I text Phoenix to let him know we're on our way to the escape room and he tells me they're all on their way too. 

We've got a big group participating meaning if we don't solve this escape room I'm taking us all for idiots who shouldn't be allowed to acquire degrees. 

We step out of the uber and before I can blink Phoenix has picked Peyton up and into a hug. 

"Happy birthday, Blondie." He tells her as she clings to him. They share a look that has Baylor bumping her shoulder with mine.