14-A Project With My Quarterback?

Start from the beginning

Oh wow I did not see this dinner going down like this. 

Think, Seph, think. 

"Umm, we are working on a project together?" It's supposed to be a statement but comes out as a question. 

He raises an eyebrow in question, "A project with my quarterback?"

I nod, "Yeah and we ran into them that night when I was out with Peyton and Brendan." I lie. 

"Why wasn't I aware of this project?" he asks and I shrug, "It wasn't something I deemed important. 

"So during our dinners when I asked what was going on, you didnt deem it important?"

I sigh, "We are just friends dad no biggie." 

Well I don't know about friends right now with the way he's ignoring me like I don't exist. I've never loved being ignored, it's a toxic trait of mine. 

"No it's a big biggie, I told you to stay away from my players." He scolds me like I'm five years old again getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar. 

"Well its a school project so like..." I trail off turning my head to the side and stand up, "I need to go to the bathroom."

Dad calls my name but I rush away without turning back. 

Once I'm in the bathroom I text Peyton and let her know about this dinner disaster. 

That it was just an ambush because my dad is pissed and when he is he will not see reason. 

Just as I pull out my phone I notice something on the sink counter. 

Perfume? 

My curiosity gets the best of me and I open the cap and smell it. 

Lavender. 

I open the medicine cabinet and find a spare toothbrush - clearly used - and female hygiene products. 

I take a picture of it and send it to Peyton. 

Peyton: OMG!!!! does your dad have female company?!?!?!😵😱👏😉

Me: Do u think he has a gf?

Peyton: Maybe? Ask him.

I walk out of the bathroom with the perfume bottle in my hand. Then I set it on the table right in front of him.

This is the perfect deterrent to his earlier interrogation. Dad wants to interrogate me about a guy, I'll interrogate him about a girl. 

He looks at it then back up at me. His face remains neutral the whole time. 

"Are you dating someone?" I ask and he nods.

Whoah I did not expect it to be that easy. 

"Who?"

"Her name is Janet and we met last year at a function for the team."

Janet? Why does that name sound so familiar I-

Wait a second. 

"Janet?" I ask and he nods, "Janet? As in Janet Foster, Janet?"

He nods once again.

Holy shit, I can't wait to tell Asa about it. 

Wait scratch that I'm still mad at him he can find out the news last like the loser he's acting like. 

"A whole year? When did you plan to tell me?" That's another thing that hits me too. My dad kept this from me this whole time and had the nerve to be mad I kept something from him? 

"We were waiting until she came back down here in two weeks. We wanted to tell you and Miles together."

Oh

"Tell us what?"

His lip quirks slightly and I think that's the closest I've seen to him smiling since mom died. 

"We are getting married."

Hold the phone. 

-----

Edited 

A/N Who would've guessed.....

Do you think Asa is going about keeping distance between him and Seph in the right way?

Also I have some news:

I am trying to get my own apartment hopefully by January so I have been working more hours at the gymnastics facility. Because of that my post schedule is going to change slightly. 

Unguarded Love will have a new chapter every Monday and if I am able to maybe a few chapters posted throughout the week. I am terrible at sticking to a schedule but I will try with this book.