14-A Project With My Quarterback?

Start from the beginning

"Are you still upset about Friday?" I ask and she bites her bottom lip, contemplating on how to answer my question. 

"He scared me Seph." She whispers softly. 

My brows pinch together in confusion, "Who?"

"Phoenix." She looks up at me, "When he attacked Brendan, I had never seen him like that."

I sigh, "Well Brendan did punch him first."

I can't defend Phoenix's actions entirely but Brendan had it coming after challenging someone basically double his size. Knowing your limits is a good thing and I think he learned his. 

"I know but the way Phoenix was hitting him, like he may never stop. In that moment I was so scared."

I can't deny that in that moment I felt the same. 

Peyton and I didn't live sheltered lives but our town wasn't huge for much violence either. Unless you count all the times I punched Brendan in my mind. 

The first punch Phoenix sent Brendan held a nice satisfaction inside me, well until he kept going. 

I think it was the look on Asa's face that made me realize, one punch wouldn't be enough. 

That's when I began to get a little freaked out. 

Still I wouldn't say I am scared of Phoenix. I was just scared of what he would do to Brendan. 

"Do you think you could ever forgive Phoenix?" I ask and she shakes her head. 

"You should've seen Brendans face Saturday, he was almost unrecognizable. I can't be friends with someone who is capable of that." 

"Arent most people capable of those things?" I ask and she shrugs, "I suppose but there's a different between being able to do it and actually doing it."

I guess she has a point. 

"Well I won't tell you what to do because lord knows you won't listen." I say and she laughs, "But I think maybe you should hear him out, you know? Sometimes there is more going on with someone than meets the eye."

She snorts, "Are you sure you aren't a philosophy major?"

I roll my eyes before throwing a pillow at her, "Whatever, just don't count him out yet."

Getting up I decide I should probably head to my dads for dinner. 

When I get to his apartment my hands begin to sweat. 

I don't get why I'm so nervous, I mean sure he's having me over to his apartment, but still. 

Whatever, I have dinner with him every week, maybe he's tired of eating the same burger and fries at the diner weekly. 

He opens the door and lets me inside. 

"Have a seat at the table." He says and I do without question. 

My dad takes a seat across from me and we put some of his homemade lasagna on our plates. 

We eat in silence and my nerves are at an all time high. 

When he speaks I wish we could've continued to eat in silence. 

"So I got an interesting email this morning. A link to an article full of pictures of a fight that transpired Friday night at some club named Swing."

I gulp nervously as he continues. 

"Pictures of two of my guys, one in particle in a fight with Peyton's boyfriend. Now what got me was who was standing in the back of these pictures. My daughter beside my star player." He leans closer and I lean back on instinct, "So let me ask you this, what were you doing at a club with Asa Brookes?"