Chapter 14 | Pity

Start from the beginning

Alexander's POV (her dad)

Last week we made a lot of discoveries regarding Manon. First we find out that not only can she fight but she's also able to put someone in a come for I don't know how long. But I'm sure it'll be at least for a couple of months seeing the state that girl was in.

Than we find out that it's not the first time she has done this. If that wasn't enough to process we find out that she has suffered severe trauma which caused her to have DID. I'm wondering how long she has been living with her other personality.

With the looks of it she has been through a lot when she was taken from us. I'm just hoping that one day she'll be able to trust us enough to tell her what happened to her. I know we haven't been spending much time with in the past 2 weeks that she was with us, so we haven't earned any of her trust but we will start now.

And when we feel like she's ready we'll tell her about the mafia. I just hope she can accept that we're in the mafia, James said that she doesn't know that he's the mafia and that he will tell her soon. Maybe I'll just wait till he tells her so I can see how she reacts.

I just hope she doesn't want to become involved because I can not afford to lose my princess a second time.

When she was taken from us years ago it was very hard on everyone. I started working day and night, my wife fell into a depression, my oldest son started training harder than ever before so he would be able to find his baby sister. Some of her brothers were blaming us because they wanted someone to blame it on besides the ones who actually took her. And than there were the ones who used violence as a coping mechanism and last but surely not must last the ones that pretended that everything was fine and used humor as another coping mechanism.

I'm happy we have her back, but she is far from the little girl she used to be. She's cold and distant, it's like she is putting distance between herself and other people so she won't get hurt if she loses someone.

Manon's POV
You know that fear when someone finds something out that you wanted to keep a secret as long as possible?

That's how I'm feeling right now. Because of that Barbie bitch I had to tell everyone in that court room about my illness. Cause if I didn't explain why that happened than I would be in prison for the next 10 years, and as leader that is about to be presented to the underworld you cannot afford going to jail because of a petty bitch.

Everyone that was in that court room that didn't already know my illness is now looking at me with pity. Why? Well because my psychologist explained how a person develops DID. That is a result of major trauma at a young age. I don't like pity, it makes me feel weak, like what I've been through defines me as a person. That it is my only personality trait.

I don't want them to look at me like that, I am more than what I've been through. I was able to overcome my trauma, to move on from it and not live in fear anymore. I'm ready for the next step, revenge. But people don't see that, no they're stuck on the past. A lot of people are always stuck in the past. You can not move forward in life if you're still living in the past.

In order to became the strong and independent person I am today. I had to 'accept' what happened, learn from it use it as motivation to become stronger so it wouldn't happen again and to become better than the people who held me down.

I'm pulled out of my thought when I feel the car come to a stop. I get out and go upstairs to my room and look the door. I walk over to my closet grab one of my music boxes, the loudest one I have, as well as a change of clothes. I lock myself in the bathroom.