seven

"so- how ya doin?" they asked, nonchalantly.

"how am i doing?!" i asked confused, trying to turn my head to view them.

"nah- face down. now answer the fuckin' question" she stated, applying a small amount of pressure on my head as she continued holding me down.

"oh im doing great!" i sarcastic replied.

"great to hear" she suddenly climbed off of me, simply sitting in the snow next to me.

i finally got a good look at her, as i sat up. she had messy purplish hair, someone ive never seemed to have met.

"what- have we met?" i asked, confused, dusting snow off of my coat.

"nah, what're you doing out here?" she asked, resting her arms on her knees which sat infront of her.

"what about you, no need for the tackle" i sighed.

"didn't realize you were a literal child, thought you were a threat or sum-"

"i am not a child"

"well- you're not a threat so-"

"excuse me?" something about the comment bothered me, did i look weak?

"what?"

"im not a threat?"

"well- you didn't really fight back."

she was right, i really didn't. but, i am a threat. right?

i just stared at her for a moment, her eyes giving me a concerned look.

"your names.. ivy" she repeated.

"yeah, and you are?"

"you seem familiar." she ignored my question, continuing to stare me down.

she pissed me off. something about her demeanor.

"you're just gonna stare at me or..?" she spoke up, i swear she hasn't taken her eyes off of me once.

"youre the one with the staring problem" i replied, which caused her to tilt her head at me.

"just not sure what you're capable of" she gave a soft, taunting, smile.

"oh im capable of slicing your head open-"

"i'd like to see you try." she smiled at me, still somewhat tilting her head to the side.

next thing i knew i was underneith her, and the smile never faded.

"not quite fast enough hun, but good try though. now cut to the chase, where do you live?"

i stared up at her, as her knee was shoved into my stomach.

"i'm not stupid y'know? people think i'm a fuckin' idiot- it's fun to play dumb. yet i know shit, i know alot of shit."

"oh yea?" i simply grinned back at her, hoping to bother her. just like how she bothered me.

"just take me to schlatt" she stared at me, this time her expression seemed to fade.

"schlatt?!" how the hell does she know of schlatt?

"where is he? in l'manburg still? you from l'manburg?"

"i- how can i trust you?" i asked, as the cold from the snow had begun to bother me.

"i'm a childhood friend of his- and heard that someone was seeking refuge with him."

"do you know where he is?"

"somewhere in l'manburg?" she replied, once again climbing off of me.

"i- i'll take you."

i wasn't sure why i was trusting her, yet i was. i haven't even learned her name.

yet here i was, walking her down the steps into las nevadas. i pulled my coat off my arms, as i honestly forgot i was wearing it.

"this is, las nevadas" i welcomed her, as she silently gazed around the area.

"cool" is all she replied with, beginning to walk ahead of me.

"hey now- you can't just go roaming around" i complained, as she turned back to me and rolled her eyes.

we didn't talk much on the way here, yet i could tell she seemed to not be so guarded now.

i placed my coat on a bench, as i didn't want to hold onto it.

"so, since when has this town been a thing?" she asked, standing a bit ahead of me.

"um- not sure honestly. a little less than a year or so, i'd say" i answered, watching her closely.

"you don't even know this place" she laughed, speaking sarcastically.

"he's the reason i stay in this shit hole" i joked.

"ivy?!"

well speak of the devil.

"hey- schlatt is this.."

what the hell was her name?

"minx." he cut me off.

"minx? this is minx! wait-"

"hey schlatt" minx turned to see schlatt behind her, now standing between schlatt and i.

they knew each other? well duh- she knew of him.

"what're you doing with her?" schlatt asked, concern filled his voice.

"she needed to see you" i replied, stepping forward closer to minx.

"so now you're just bringing anyone to me?!" he sarcastically laughed, looking between minx and i.

"i-"

"you can leave minx." schlatt spoke, cutting me off.

"what?! what the hell did i do?" she complained, lightly throwing her arms in the air.

"i just- i dont want to see you"

"well i don't want to see you either but here we fuckin' are."

"what could you possibly want- i have nothing for you minx, you can leave now. you're not welcomed here."

"what are you the fucking president? get off your ass and quit being a selfish prick" minx spat, her arms waving as she spoke.

"i'm already tiring of speaking to you." he motioned for me to follow him, as he seemed to begin to walk away.

"hey now- this is my friend! we've gotten along so well! who do you think you are?" minx spoke sarcastically, placing an arm around my shoulder.

"her father, now c'mon ivy."

minx's expression dropped, as she quickly stared at me, in awe. "holy shit- you're the ivy!"

"ivy-"

"you're so grown now!"

my hand was grabbed by schlatt, yet i was pulled out of his grasp, now held with my back against minx.

"you're still using that knife?" is all schlatt asked, as he stood infront of minx and i.

"ted made me a replica" minx replied, the knife against my neck just becoming known to me.

"i can see his sharpening skills have improved"

"i can show you better-"

"you wouldn't do that minx, clove would kill you"