16.The night of gala

Começar do início

-I missed you. -Jordan said, kissing the girl.

-I missed you too. Actually, I "missed" you.

 Jordan looked confused at her, since she had said a word that wasn't in English.

-What is it?

-It's a Portuguese word, it's like I missed you but it's something stronger. Saudades is a very deep feeling, it's not just missing the person, it's missing their way, their smile, their laugh, everything. Sometimes you miss someone you have at least seen. When you love someone so much, missing them hurts.

-That's...damn Milena. So, I missed them too. -Jordan tries to speak the word in Portuguese with the greatest effort in the world.

-Your Portuguese is better than mine.

Jordan laughed and was silent for a while.

-Milena?

-Hi.

-I love you.

 It was the first time he had ever said this to her, and she hadn't been expecting it. Milena had a few times to say it, a few moments that would be wonderful and special, but it wasn't easy. So it was good that Jordan had taken the initiative.

-I love you too, Jordan.

          . . .

 The day of the met gala had arrived, Angel could explode with anxiety and felt his heart leaping out.

 That was too crazy, she couldn't imagine it even in her wildest dreams.

 She had gone to the dress fitting a few times, but nothing concrete, which made her anxiety even greater.

 The two of them went to New York the day before, and took the opportunity to go out to dinner with Stephen and Ayesha, who were also there.

-I'm so nervous. -Angel says, taking a deep breath.

-It's going to be okay baby, you look beautiful. -Klay says complimenting the girl.

 She had already changed, her white dress had golden details that imitated Zeus' rays. The hair was arranged in the same tone as the details.

 Klay was in the same vein, with a white suit and gold details. He was perfection itself. Angel swore she was dating an angel because it's not possible for someone that beautiful.

-What are you looking at? -Klay says smiling at the girl.

-I'm looking at the wonder I'm dating.

-I can say the same thing about you. -The boy approaches her and places a kiss on her cheek.

-Shall we go? The car is out front.

-Let's go.

 The two had arranged to go with Stephen and Ayesha. The couple was dressed all in black and with some details on their clothes that imitated constellations and the moon.

-You guys look great. -Ayesha said as she got into the car with the couple.

-I can say the same for you. -Angel says smiling.

 The driver starts the car and drives to the museum where the met gala will take place. Some fans stayed in front of the hotel to get some pictures and stories. Besides the fans, the noise of the paparazzi cameras entered the couples' ears.

-Don't be nervous. You look beautiful. -Klay put his hand on Angel's thigh and whispered.

 Angel took a deep breath and gave Klay a quick kiss.

 Thompson and Curry went downstairs to help their respective loved ones down. The two were guided to the red carpet, just behind Curry.

 The flashes from the cameras made Angel's eye a little irritated but nothing the girl couldn't handle.

 After a few poses, photos and outbursts when seeing famous people, like this one:

-Klay, is that Tom Holland and Zendaya over there?

-It is, love. -Klay smiles.

-Milena will freak out about this.

-Do you like it?

-Do I like it? Of course, Klay. Today is the best day of my life. Thank you for that.

-No need to thank you, beautiful. Your happiness is mine.