Part One

During my sleepless nights, I can't avoid imagining things, specially, the guy I want to have in my life. From its physical features to its attitude. How I wish he can be true.

But who wouldn't do that, right? Considering myself, who wants to have someone beside me at night in bed, talking about our futures 'til dawn. Having someone to grow old together is the most worth-keeping treasure I will have in my whole damned life.

Because of having the ability to draw, I made a sketch of him. At the first glace, I might say, like he was born somewhere around the globe.

I know how wide my imagination can reach. But among all those imaginations, he has a very special file on my mind. He's the imagination I want to spend most of my time, attention and no matter how bad or good the weather is. I sometimes dress him up according to seasons. I even tried to change his facial expressions and a lot more that comes to mind. I can really say that I'm happy whenever I do this. He brings this unconditional feeling to me. That's how I really adore him.

Some people say, I'm going insane. I'm going insane because of what I am doing that they bet, it's impossible for him to exist. But what matters to me the most is my happiness. I don't give a damn care for those people won't consider it. I'm not even forcing them to believe me or even like me.

With the small business I have, managing it alone is stressful. However, this stress I'm feeling would fade like a bubble by just looking at his portrait. He regains my energy. It's relieving and I'll be able to continue my work because of that. It would never be tiring to just stare at his portrait all day long. I'm so proud that I created him. And it's like a drug, I'm addicted to my own imaginary guy.

My business is just a mini cafe. I named it Dodging Realities Cafe. I relate it to my imagination skills which I also consider my escape to this cruel world I live in. It's a cafe because I love coffee. I'm an artist, a writer as well. And it's their cup of buddy to keep going forward with each working time. Aside from serving coffees, teas and shakes are available here. I also love to bake which is my hobby that's why I also serve pastries here.

I'm all alone now though I still have a friend to consider and hope that she still does consider me as a friend of hers. She's not here with me because she was appointed somewhere in Australia, while I'm here in our hometown in Vigan. We sometimes spend time catching up about each others lives through face time.

"One mango shake, please." A costumer arrived. "And oh, kindly add some pearls and chocolate syrup."

"Okay, sir." I shortly respond in the middle of typing on a computer.

I took two mangoes on the fruit stand and then washed them. Then, I sliced the mangoes into portions and separated the seed and peel from its meat before I put it into the blender. I add two tablespoons of white sugar, a cup of milk, half cup of sweetened milk and shaved ice. I press the button right after I covered the pitcher. I poured the mixture into a transparent cup right after it was finished blending, with the tapioca pearls embedded inside and glazed with chocolate syrup on top. I cover

"Here's your shake, sir." I plastered a wide smile on my face to show how welcoming they are here. But I didn't expect myself to be surprised by what was just in front of me.

My lips got parted after I've seen his face and I was glued to it. I suddenly felt like my world stopped at the moment. Am I dreaming? If I am, please don't wake me up yet.

"Here's the payment, miss." He placed his payment at the countertop.

With my trembling knees, I took slow steps going out of the station without breaking my stare at him. I'm looking straight to the person in front of me that I never expected to be real. It was like I am staring at the finished product of my own imagination.

"Uhm...miss? Is there something wrong?"

I extended my arm and tried to reach for his cheek with my trembling hand.

"M-miss?"

What's wrong with me? Am I still imagining things?

But no, everything's vivid and I can even caress him! I can touch him. I saw him change his expressions. I can hear him talk. I can hear his cool voice.

"Miss what are you doing?!"

I immediately let go when I startled as he raised his voice. I felt my cheeks heated due to embarrassment. Gosh!

"I-I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to- I-I mean... I just—"

"It's fine, don't worry." He smiled.

"I'm sorry." I said, almost whispering.

"Hahaha! Look it's really fine."

His laugh. I never expected it to hear from him. It's relieving.

"I'm Conoll, by the way."

My eyes widened as I heard him utter his name. The name is exactly the same as what I named my imaginary guy! I bit my lower lip to restrain myself from smiling. I can feel the wild butterflies in my tummy, as if they want to escape. Is this a dream come true? If it is, then I hope it was.

"Here," he grabbed my hand and placed a calling card. "Just contact me if you want to meet me. I know you will. I have to go, Issabele. I'm in a hurry." He turned away going towards the exit.

He stopped when he was about to open the glass door. He turned his gaze to me.

"Don't forget to bring with you my portrait on our meeting soon." he said, plastering a glowing smile and winked at me before he finally left my shop.

I blinked my eyes for a lot of times. I even pinched myself to check if I'm just dreaming, but I'm not 'cause I got hurt. And on my palm, a calling card. I bet I'm not dreaming anymore. The guy I created through my imagination is real. He does exist.