Chapter Twenty Two - As the Bell Tolls

Start from the beginning

"We all know it'll be more pain for him than you." he chuckled

"You're hilarious" I look around and groan "I hate hospitals, they're just so depressing. How Hanna survived in her for weeks is beyond me." Mom came in and saw us.

"Oh, hello Toby."

"Hi, Mrs Montgomery." Toby nodded to her

"Erica, they're coming up to get you for your scan." Mom told me

"But Toby can wait here right? If you have no where else to go." I then look at him, he glanced between us.

"I'll come back later, or you just text me what's going on, okay." I pout

"Okay." he left the room just as a porter came.

-------

I was being discharged, Yay. there was no bleeding in my brain or fracture. All the tests the did that morning had come back clear. Dad came in with a bag.

"I brought your stuff. I'm taking you home."

"Okay," I slid off the bed, I was still sore but I huffed with my bag to the bathroom. Joggers, T-shirt, hoodie and ugg boots. Simple, I struggled a little but got everything on. We left the hospital. Dad seemed distracted and I was bored so I asked

"What's the matter?" I question.

"Oh nothing, i'm just trying to get a hold of people to cancel this mixer." he shook his head

"The one with all your work cronies, depending on the house to drink, eat and judge?" he shook his head smiling.

"Yes that, I didn't think it was a good idea to continue, with what's going on with you." he told me. I turned slightly groaning.

"Please keep the mixer, it might save me from throttling you from being annoying and overbearing. I have Aria and Mike for that." The college mixer was a god send for avoiding him and just being hold up in my room with no helicopter parent.

"No, i'm canceling." he denied

"I swear to god if you cancel I will make your life more hell than I already do, you know I can do that." he sighed caving in.

"Fine but it won't last that long, just a few hours okay."

"Whatever."

When we got home, I made Aria show me the video's, she was reluctant but ended up doing so. She said that they were gong to confront Jenna.

--------

Mom came into my room the next day of the mixer, she was taking over for my Dad, which I was thankful for.

"Mom, I thought you had classes." what I never said I was expecting it to happen

"I did, but your Dad, needed to go into work before the mixer. So you have me today."

"Great maybe you'll let me leave the house. I want to go to school." I tell her sitting up from my laying position that I had been in since I had returned home.

"You've just been in a accident."

"Not for the whole day, just to get my things, get out of the house. I'm going stir crazy." she sighed

"You waited for me to get here, didn't you."

"You're the chill parent... most of the time. Look it's the beginning of the day, we can divide and conquer get my work in like 15 minutes."

"Okay, but you're in bed for the rest of the day." I got dressed and was taken to school, people looked at me as i entered the school. mom took one half and i took the other. I saw my sister and friends.