Chapter Nineteen - Person of Interest

"A extended version of the video that Agent Cooper showed us was sent to Sepncer's laptop, it showed Ali, taking the video camera and turning it around on the person she was with. We planned to come and show it to you but before we could Spencer's laptop went missing. When it turned up again, it had been erased as if it was never there." I explained. It was a unanimous decision before we were brought here that to explain the trophy, we had to tell them about the erased video. I had asked for Mom to be the parent that sat in with me.

"What did Mr Thomas say on this apparent version of this video?" I was asked

"He told her to come closer, which she did then the camera dropped and we heard what sounded like struggling, her hand came into shot and it looked like she was grasping for something then it stopped." I described what I saw and raving it again sent a shiver down my spine.

"Who sent the apparent video?"

'We don't know it was sent by an anomy's source like they sent to you." Aggravation filled me, I didn't expect them to just take my word but they could make it less obvious they weren't taking me seriously.

"Why was it sent to you not us?"

"I wish I knew. We planed to bring it, but after it was gone we saw no point because it would have just been an accusation. When we found the trophy, we weren't willing to take that risk again of it going missing, of even thinking for another second about not bringing it straight to you." I then turned to Mom "We didn't even think that it might have been false, we couldn't risk it." she nodded in understanding

"How do you know Alison was at Hilton head?"

"The days she disappeared she came back looking all happy and tan, she had a Hilton head tag on her luggage. Spencer called to check when Ian was there when she noticed the same tag on a bag of golf clubs. She also asked him as well and he lied to her face." I tell them.

"See this is what i don't get. Ian was dating Miss Hastings sister, Melissa Hastings. He was a star athlete and from what i've been told a all round good guy. Why would he risk all that to be with Alison." I gulped, I was so the wrong person to be asking this of.

"Maybe he had a thing for younger girls." I tried to deflect, a sinking truth weighed heavy.

"Do you know of anyone else?"

"Yes." I answered I looked at my Mom

"He made a pass at me once." I looked back to the detective "He tried but before he could get any closer than he already was I kneed him in the crown jewels."

"When was this?"

"A few months before Alison disappearance." I admitted looking down and feeling ashamed, it was the first time in over a year I had admitted it.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I thought I lead him on, that's what he said and I believed him. I was testing my boundaries, getting my sense of style that sort of thing and I was nice to him. I figured that I had sent the wrong signals. What was I supposed to say anyway, he would have flat out denied it, said I had a school girl crush on him and flipped the whole thing on me. I bet even if you asked him now he either say he wouldn't remember it or the former of it was a school girl crush." my shoulder sagged as tears threatened to rush down

The interview ended and we headed out. Mum pulled me to the side before I could join my friends. Spencer and Aria weren't out yet.

"What you said in there about Ian, was that what Jason saved you from?" she questioned

"No, that was after. What I said in there was true, I just left out the bit about me already having a boyfriend. I told Ian this, he laughed in my face. I only told Jason and he flipped went round and punched him. Not that Ian made the connection I don't think." I elaborated and mom brushed some of my hair back.