Pero isang galit na ekspresyon lang ang isinagot sa kanya ng ama.

"You have no time to worry about her now!" he answered. "You should worry about yourself more!"

This is the first time that she saw her own father lose his cool, and that made her more nervous.

He seems to have bad news for her.

"What do you mean by that, father?" she worriedly asked.

And she's right.

"The servant who brought the red dates has now spoken and she pointed at you as the culprit behind the poisoning of the Consort!"

Bigla siyang nanghina at hindi makapaniwalang napatitig sa problemadong mukha ng ama.

"Father," she spoke. "I've been wronged! I will never do such a thing!"

Napalingon naman sa kanya ang ama bago ito napahinga ng malalim.

"Are you sure that you're not the one who's behind it?" he asked.

Isang hindi makapaniwalang tingin naman ang naibigay niya sa ama.

"Father," she spoke. "I know that I've done a lot of things in the past, but I'm not stupid enough to poison the favored Consort of the Emperor right before his eyes! That is a pure insult to his majesty!"

"That's what makes this matter worse!" his father raged. "Whoever has done this must have wanted you to be executed!"

Nanginginig naman siyang napahawak sa magkabilang braso ng ama at naiiyak na nagmakaawa.

"Father, help me." She almost cried. "I've been wronged. I swear to our forefathers that this is not my doing."

Napahinga naman ng malalim ang ama at halata sa mukha nito na hindi narin nito alam kung ano ang gagawin.

They are now both placed in a hard position, and he can see that there is no other choice but to face it. Whoever had done this must have wanted them to suffer the Emperor's wrath.

Kaya nilingon niya ulit ang anak at hinawakan ang magkabilang braso nito. Tinitigan niya ito at gamit ang isang seryosong boses ay nagsalita siya.

"Brace yourself, my Empress." He meaningfully stated. "There is a great storm coming inside the palace, and I need you to be strong in facing whatever they will throw at you. The Emperor is mad and he will not leave the culprits unscathed. I will meet the Ministers of the West faction and will find a way to solve this matter. Be strong and stay on your ground, my Empress."

Naiiyak namang siyang napatingin sa ama.

"Yes, father." She answered.

But right after she said that, the doors of her palace suddenly swung open and a group of soldiers marched inside.

Mabilis naman siyang humiwalay sa ama at napalingon sa mga bagong dating.

Pero kaagad din siyang pinanghinaan ng tuhod nang sumalubong sa paningin niya ang galit na galit na mukha ng lalaking nangunguna sa mga sundalo.

It's her beloved, Emperor Zhang Wei.

This is the first time the Emperor has visited her palace.

She's been dying to receive a visit from him, but it's just sad to know the reason behind his first visit. From the way his silver eyes were raging in fury, she knew that the Emperor's wrath was inevitable.

Hindi pa man siya nakapagsalita para batiin ito ay kaagad na siyang sinalubong ng sobrang lamig nitong mga mata.

"Take the Empress away!" he ordered his men.