On The Run | Chapter 2

"Sir, surveillance cameras at an ATM caught this on Friday." A tall, slender man with blonde hair displayed a tablet to a man who's face was shielded from the light. "The incompetent fools in security nearly missed it. Shall I have them executed?"

The other man stared at the surveillance footage, displaying Gon Freecss leaving out the backdoor of a convenience store. The footage was grainy, difficult to make out. But it's was clear enough to both men that it was without a doubt Gon Freecss. And where you find Gon Freecss, Killua Zoldyck was never far.

"Assign every available asset to canvas the city. I want no stone left unturned. Every building, every tunnel, every bunker. Alert the Hui Guo Rou clan, but I want this search to stay under the radar. The Jisanhito and Zoldyck clans must not learn that he's alive." The man ordered.

"Of course, my leige." The other man bowed, taking his leave to give the order to the rest of the Chimaera clan.

___________

Gon was on his routine patrol. Thrice a day, whenever Killua would have a meal, Gon would survey the area. Keeping tabs on the situation above ground and making sure their location was still secure.

There was an access-- a ladder leading up a manhole to the surface-- that Gon would use to get to the surface unnoticed. It led to an alleyway that had no surveillance cameras and little to no foot traffic.

Once Gon poked his head through, he immediately ducked back down. There were Chimaera clan lackeys in the streets. Three of them.

Gon stayed put, not wanting to make any noise. He listened carefully, waiting for them to leave.

"How the hell did he survive that shit, anyways?" One asked the others.

"Who knows. But if Freecss survived, chances are the Zoldyck Jisanhito heir did, too." One answered.

Gon's eyes widened. The Chimaera clan knew they were alive. If they knew, the Hui Guo Rou certainly did as well. Did the Jisanhitos and Zoldycks know? Were they also searching for them?

"This area's clear. Let's move on." Another said, this one was female.

"Boss said we need to check underground, too. There should be someway to get to the subway. I think the stairwell is a few blocks over."

"Isn't the subway in this area collapsed? The stairwell might just lead to a dead end of rubble."

"We have to check."

Gon heard their footsteps leaving. He didn't waste a second, going down the ladder as quickly and silently as he could. Once his feet hit solid ground, he ran as fast as he could to the train car he and Killua were staying in.

The nearest stairwell was a good seven minute walk from where they were staying. If Gon ran, he'd make it there in two minutes from where he was. So he ran. Quietly, as he did.

The Jisanhitos were sure to make him an efficient bodyguard, but also a hitman. An assassin, just as many of the Zoldycks were. The Jisanhitos weren't assassins, so Gon was trained in that regard by Killua's grandfather. Zeno, the son of CrimeLord Maha.

Gon saw the train car. Quickly, he ran inside. Killua was finishing his lunch. Ramen. He tossed the ramen cup in a trash can.

"We need to go. Pack anything you can run with while carrying." Gon instructed. "The Chimaera and Hui Guo Rou clans somehow discovered that we're alive. A small squad of theirs is heading down into the subway to look for us as we speak."

Killua didn't hesitate. He knew the drill. Grabbing a black backpack, he first grabbed a single set of clothes and stored it inside. Gon did the same with a bag of his own. They both filled the bags the rest of the way with primarily first aid supplies, then food.