(Chapter 8) Forever Loving

Kaede's POV

I can't wait! I'm currently going to Saihara's house right now, wearing a pink v-neck shirt with dark red shorts.
I arrive at his lawn. I looked over my shoulder to check on Momota.
I asked him to come help with the date because I'm sort of a nervous wreck at the current moment. And like a Momota would, he called the entire friend group on his phone. Harukawa, Amami.. and Ouma. I'm not sure why he would have him here in the first place, but you do you. As always. He was planning on calling an extra person but the call was full, so he just let it slide for now. I pray to Atua to have this date go smoothly, and hesitantly press the doorbell.

ding dong bing bong

I put on the earpiece that Momota gave me, and tried to hide it with my hair. Hope Saihara doesn't notice.
"Okay. Keep your back straight! Look confident, but be friendly, gentle and kind!" Momota whispers to me.
"You know that Saihara isn't here yet right? You don't need to whisper." I tell him. I did what he told, and thought of what to say.

Except I couldn't, as Saihara immediately opened the door.

Quick! Think of something!!
"Hey, Saihara! We gonna go soon?"
Phew.. saved it.
"Yeah, yeah, let me just get my things real quick." He says. Before turning around, he took a quick glance at the bush Momota was in. He nearly tripped and fell in the bush somehow.
He soon left and I looked at the bush.
"Momota! You gotta be more careful! You nearly blew our cover before we even started!" I whispered loudly to him.
"Not my fault this bush is tiny for the luminary of the stars!" He whispers back.
"Will you two shut up? I already see him walking over to her!" Harukawa angrily whispers through the phone. I turn around. Saihara was grabbing his wallet. Please don't tell me he saw me talking to a bush!!
"Alright, are we ready?" He asks me. I nod happily, and we start walking. He nearly took the Sunburst with him, which would be terrible because Momota didn't drive his Roamer here. I had to convince him to walk instead.

We first reach our destination. It's the cafe we went to yesterday. I did mention I wanted to go back here, but I didn't expect it to be that fast, we even sat down on the same table.
I'm not sure where Kaito's hiding this time. He's a really excellent hider, isn't he?
"I guess I'll go and order again," Saihara tells me.
"Don't let him pay! Show that you care!" Kaito aggressively whispers into my earpiece.
"I know what to do, Momota!" I respond.
"Saihara, I can order this time. Besides, you have anxiety, so what's the point?" I politely request.
"No, please, I can handle it this time," Saihara stands up. I tug at his shirt again.
"Please.. let me do it this time. You've done enough for me," I plead. Saihara blushes a little and lets me order. He wanted a chocolate cake this time. I didn't want to order much so I just went with the strawberry cake.
I paid, and walked over to our table with the food.
We both immediately started eating. We didn't eat for whatever reason we have.

"Do you still need any help?" Momota asks.
"No, I can make some small talk," I whisper in response.
"Yeah, Kaito! You're useless!" I could hear Ouma blaring out.
"Hey, come on! Maybe she'll need help later!" Momota suggests, taken aback.
"As if," Ouma responds.
"Do you want to die?" Harukawa butts in.
"Hey, I don't think we should be fighting during their date, you know?" Amami interrupts the arguement. I giggle a little.
"Hm? What's the matter?" Saihara looks at me.
"Oh! Nothing.. just noticed that you're quite the messy eater," I tease him.
"C'mon!" He replies, embarrassed. I get out a packet of tissue paper, took out one and wipe off the crumbs on his face. He blushes even more in embarrassment. He's cute when he's embarrassed.

...

We finish our lunch with nothing special happening after that. We started going to our next destination. I was not informed on where we're going for the entire date.
"Hey," Saihara speaks up. I look at him, wondering what he's going to say.
"You got some crumbs on your face too," he chuckles.
Oh god, what's he gonna do?
He gets out a packet of tissue, guess we're both prepared for accidents, and caresses my cheek. He then helps me wipe the crumbs off my face. I blush way too hard to be unnoticeable.

He wins this round, no doubt.

He throws the tissue paper away in a trash bin. We continued walking, with me being absolutely embarrassed, and Saihara having the most smug grin on his face.

"You really just let him do that? Be more confident, Kaede!" Momota whispers out.
"I didn't know he was gonna do that! What was I supposed to do?!" I whispered back, more exasperated than him.

Shuichi's POV

Mission accomplished.
"Nice job!" Rantaro praises me through my earpiece. I had him prepare what I had to say for the date. Plus, he was invited to the call on Kaede's side so he doubles as a dating spy of some sorts. Win win for me, I guess.
"So, where we gonna go next?" She asks.
"There's a new art museum opening today nearby. Want to check it out?" I suggest.
"Sure! We could learn about some new things there!" She replies.
Still can't believe I did that. I never thought I could make a comeback on what she did, and then Rantaro suggested doing it back. This is why he's my best friend.
We start heading towards the art museum..

A.N: sorry for the wait! I was doing other projects and I have an hour of footage to turn into a video (sub to Perisern huehuehue) and I wanted to do something else after spending an entire week on writing this fanfic. I promise I will do more, I have no plans on cancelling this fanfic at any time. Plus, there's gonna be a suprise at the end of the date. Stay tuned!
Have a nice day!