Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings

Začít od začátku

Harry only smiled, as if to say 'I don't know, but I know you aren't mad at me.'

Ending with him being rewarded with points much to Harry's dumb luck, the group of friends returned to their common room to celebrate and relax.

As they all walked back to the castle, the twins wrapped their arms around Y/n after speaking with Cedric.

"So Y/n-" "Do you wanna" "Make a bet" "On who wins?"

Y/n only sighed, rolling her eyes while smiling at them. "You guys are like- I don't know- at this point I've gotten way too many brothers, by adoption or not."

The two twins made eye contact with each other, a silent conversation and agreement before responding, "Of course, we're your favourites right?"

Laughing, Y/n moved her arms to link hers with their own. "Yeah sure, right after Damian, and Jason, and Tim, and Dick, and Shroud, and Cedric-"

Gasping in mock shock, the boys exclaimed in false anger, playfully acting offended. They walked up back to the tower together, ready to celebrate. The twins met eyes with Cedric, giving light smiles as Cedric nodded in understanding, returning the smile.

'Love works in many ways and sometimes, to love, you need to let go. And when you know it's time to, take the first step and understand it.' That's what my friends told me before I went to my dorm for bed today. They're twins actually, and I've known for a while they had some sort of feelings towards me, I didn't know how to tell them I saw them as family.

It seems, in an earlier conversation, that they figured it out themselves and declared themselves my favourite brothers earlier during our common room party for my friend Harry, who had passed the second test in representing our school.

I feel better actually, knowing that I don't have to feel bad for not returning the feelings, and I'm sure they know that too. They still act the same however, and I can tell that this change didn't affect them in the slightest. I think it's actually brought us closer together- We spent the whole party with each other just laughing and messing around.

Try not to get hurt and I love you,
- Y/n

The words were written in the notebook, sent over to it's partner as Y/n sat on her bed with a pencil, not wanting to risk getting ink on her bed. Placing the notebook in her trunk along with the pencil, Y/n lied down on her bed, allowing sleep to take her.

Love is indeed difficult and hard to understand. I'm glad you managed to clear everything up with your friends. Congratulations to your friend Harry, representing the school does seem pressuring. I am keeping this short since I'm about to go out with Damian. We'll do our best in keeping everyone safe.

Love you,
- Bruce

════════════════

"Ced you do know that you're making a mess. The flour is getting everywhere."

"..."

"I could make a flour angel with all the powder on the floor!"

"Okay- just come help me.. Please."

Together, Cedric and Y/n were making cookies. Why? Well, Cedric wanted to be romantic and make Cho cookies for a date that they were having later that week, but Cedric couldn't bake. Cook, sure he was average. With magical herbs and plants he had a green thumb. With baking? Nuh uh, I've set the water on fire in the oven for the hundredth time.

Helping Cedric make the cookies was very fun. The house elves had allowed them to use part of the kitchen, getting them the materials they needed. They didn't seem to mind that they were making a mess, knowing that they wanted to clean it up later in return for not being able to make and give them the cookies instead.

The cookies were almost done, Cedric had shaped some like hearts but most were circles with Y/n's help. The only thing left to do was add frosting. Putting some cookies in a plastic bag to leave unfrosted, they got to work with making the cookies look good.

Y/n made her round cookie look like Cedric as Cedric did the same with her. In front of each other's faces, they traded cookies and ate the horribly made faces with smiles, trying not to choke by laughter.

Some of the cookies that Y/n made were actually well done and looked professional, and others just showed when she was fooling around. Cedric couldn't design a cookie for the life of him, so he wrote words on them instead for Cho.

As Cedric was focused on making the letter "o", Y/n placed frosting on his nose with her finger. Laughing at his reaction, they started getting frosting on each other's faces, sometimes missing and hitting their clothes instead.

With the cookies finished, their faces cleaned, along with their clothes (with magic), the two stored the cookies in a box, ready to be eaten for Cedric's date.

"Thanks for this lil' sis."

"No problem tall bro. You know, I should definitely take you to meet my new brothers and family one day."

"That sounds fun. How about this summer? For a weekend? I think my parents would allow that."

"Yes! Oh you're going to love them! They're really fun to hang out with."

"I'm looking forward to it, Y/n."

Here is some clarification from a comment (Quotev) that I got a while ago. Just so you're all clear.

(Quotev) : Ps, I actually really can't see her with one of the twins.
Ppps, is Y/n's last name now Wayne?

Answers: For the first ps, I can see that now. I've planned to turn their feelings around to be more sibling-like (as seen in this chapter).
For the last ppps, yes, Y/n is now a Wayne, but she prefers to use her own last name L/n to honour her original family. She also doesn't want to show off her new last name because people know the Wayne's, it's just easier to use L/n for Y/n.

I have planned for a one person ending like mentioned last chapter along with another ending (my secret ending). And I'm considering many options on who Y/n ends up with (not the twins as established in this chapter). I'm going to let this story take me and see where it leads me.

Signed,
Skyalent