chapter 64

Y/n's pov

I groaned when I hit my head on something. I yawned and looked around. The moment I saw the driver, I sat up.

"Who the fuck are you!?",

"Y/n! You're awake! Don't worry, we're in Missouri!",

"Missouri?", I looked outside. We were driving past a few stores. "How'd we get here!?",

"I asked for directions and followed the signs!", he said happily.

"Oh... WAIT!!  I still don't know who are!!",

"Oh! Sorry! I guess I was just to excited! Don't worry, it's me, Hunter", He said while smiling me. I looked at him for a bit.

Wait... what...

"WHAT!?",  he chuckled and then parked the car in a parking lot. "You! Youuu? HOW!? What happened!?", he just chuckled again.

"I've been practicing possession", he got out and then opened the back door for me. I slowly got out. I stared at him and examined the person in front of me.

Shorter than me, black hair, brown eyes...

He's completely different...

"Why",

"Why what?",

"Let me rephrase... WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT LET ME KNOW ABOUT THIS!? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO THIS!? WHY ARE YOU POSSESSING THIS GUY!?", I was pulling his ear.

"I'm sorry!!!", I let go of his ear and looked around. Now that we're here, where do we go?

I don't have my phone with me...

"What do we do now?",

"I'm trying to come up with something", I looked at the stores around us. I stopped at an electronics store. "Follow me",

We both walked towards the store, a bell rang as we opened the door. A cashier who looked like they were in their teens gave us an unenthusiastic welcome. I looked around and found the cheap phones.

"How much money do have...?", I whispered. He patted his pockets down and shook his head. I sighed and gave him the phone. "Get to the car...", I walked over to the cashier.

"Yes, do you need help with anything?", she said in a monotone voice.

"Uh... do you... know... where there's an atm around here...?", she looked behind when the bell rang. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"If you were gonna rob me then just say it", I nervously laughed.

"Ehe, you don't really... mind... do you?", she sighed and looked back her phone.

"Doesn't matter, your face is on the cams", she motioned at the cameras. I nodded.

"Right...",

"Is that all?",

"Yeah! Thanks for the phone! See ya later!", I shot her finger guns.

"Whatever...", I walked out and went back to the car. Once I was in the back seat, Hunter gave me the phone. I turned it on and waited.

"What are you doing?",

"Well, if Ben isn't deaf, I can probably contact him with this... aha!", it turned on! I looked at the charge.

5 percent...

I looked at the store again and sighed. I gave Hunter the phone back.

"I'll be back...", I walked back inside the store. "Hey, I'm back~", she glanced at me for a bit before going back to her phone. "Right... I'm just gonna grab a few things so... don't mind me",

I walked to the back and found the chargers, I got the wire and a car charger. I waved and walked out. I ripped the packaging open and got the things out before getting inside the car again.

I leaned into the front and plugged the charger in then, I put the phone to charge. I sat back again and saw Hunter with a little blush.

"What?",

"N-Nothing!", I looked at him for a bit before picking up the phone. How do I contact him...?

"Um...",

"Why not try saying his name?",

"Right... uh, Ben? Yooooo, you there buddy?",

Silence

"I don't think he heard me",

"We can try driving more into Missouri?", I sighed and put the phone down.

"Yeah, let's do that", he started the car and then we were on the road again. It was quiet, a comfortable silence tho.

I looked out the window watching the bland row of small stores, all looking the same as the last one just with a different color.

It felt nice, not doing anything that involves gutting someone alive or trying to survive attacks from mystical beings. Being able to sit in comfortable silence other than the occasion potholes in the street and the nervous stares from Hunter that I notice from the mirror up front, it's pleasant really.

Leaning my head on the window, my mind would slowly drift to past memories with any allies I created when I was small. I smiled back thinking on how awkward and shy Hunter was. Seeing him now, I never would've believed this is how he'd turn out in a million years.

I guess caught on what I was thinking since I noticed a little blush appear on his face with a flustered smile.

"You seem happy...",

"Just reminiscing about the good ol' days",

"O-Oh... what about...?", I looked at him through the mirror. Guess he still has his awkward shy self.

"Just on how you used to be back then, a little nerdy goody two shoes",

"Is that how you remember me!?", I saw his face get even more red than before, an embarrassed expression replaced his flustered look from a second ago. I chuckled and leaned off the window to look at him with grin.

"Yep! And you can't change my mind", I could see his ears red as he tried hiding his face from me. I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"I'm just teasing ya, you were a cute kid!", I smirked seeing his side glance from the mirror. "I gotta admit though, it was kind of cool when you were able to get us out of trouble with the old hag",

"I never really liked her",

"Who would!? She was a bitch and a fucking ass", I could feel a headache coming up just thinking about her. "I can't think of one good thing about her!", he got quiet, he looked like he was thinking about something.

"W-Well...",

"Hmm?",

"Do you remember that one song... that she'd always play?",

"The one she'd always dance too?",

"Y-Yeah...", I looked at him for a but before thinking back on it. "I-It's fine if you don-",

"Wonderful tonight",

"What?", I smiled and got the phone.

"That's the song",

"I kind of liked it...!", it wouldn't hurt listening to some music. I went on YouTube and put it on, while turned the volume all the way up.

I remember when we were little, we'd watch Miss Sawyer through the window as she danced to the song. I laid my head on the car armrest.

I could feel Hunter stroking my hair. I closed my eyes and relaxed my muscles.

I haven't felt this relaxed in a while... I'm gonna take advantage of this and indulge every second I have of this. I smiled and leaned closer into his hand.

"Let's stay like this for a while...", he didn't say anything but I pictured him just smiling right now.

"Anything for you, love...",

_________________________________________

Fun fact: Hunter's favorite food is red pasta