𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

『••✎••』

𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

-

jack manifold

-

"jack." you acknowledged the man standing at your door. he looked disheveled; like he hadn't slept in months. the last time you saw him was in november; it was now december, meaning you haven't seen or talked to him for at least a month.

"y/n." he replied, looking toward his feet. "why are you here, jack?" you question, looking at him with a sympathetic glint in your eye.

"i-" he pauses. "i need help." he strains, as if a weight has been placed upon his shoulders. "with what? why did you need me?" you ask, disappointed he would come back to your house. 

he takes a deep breath before exhaling; "i haven't been able to live properly." he releases. "what?" you question.

"i haven't been able to sleep, e-eat, or just function for the past few months." he confesses deeply, looking up into your eyes again. when he does this, you see his eyes clearly; they were bright red from crying.

"you know what- jack, come in it's freezing out." you say, moving out of the way so he could step in. you both move to the livingroom, sitting across from each other. "now, jack can you repeat that please?" you say.

"i-i haven't been able to function, lately." he repeats, looking into your eyes before quickly looking away again. "why?" you ask genuinely, leaning forward slightly.

"i-i don't know." he whispers, "i think it's because i miss you." he continues. he looks up at you again, keeping eye contact.

"jack. you promised you would move on." you addressed, staring at him. "yes but i couldn't. okay? i tried to move on but nobody is you." he aggresses, staring back at you. "you j- you just don't understand. okay?" his belligerency dies out the farther he gets into the sentence. he looks to you again.

"jack." you assert. "did it ever occur to you that i never moved on either?" his eyes flash up to yours, searching for the answer. you seemed to be telling the truth. "jack-" you get cut off. "y/n." he moves to sit next to you,  and you look to your feet.

"y/n, look at me." he states. you slowly look up into his eyes. his eyes are soft, and are looking straight into yours. he starts inching closer to you, and you start closing the gap as well. before your lips meet, you say; "the problem is, if i kissed you, i don't think i'd be able to stop."

"so don't stop." he says, closing the gap completely. your lips slowly meld together, pulling each other closer and closer.

you slowly part, your eyes meeting immediately. "jack?" you ask. "y/n?" he asks aswell. "are we ready for this again?" you question. 

"i am; are you?"

"i think so."

『••✎••』

ayeee welcome back 

( edited: ✘ )