Recovery, Interview & Consequences

Start from the beginning

He stiffened, not knowing how this was related. Recovery girl inhaled a sharp breath, silently agreeing with Aizawa: We need to get her to see Hound Dog

Not seeing their shared glance, the brunette continued the story. It was harrowing as she described the scene with a high level of detail. "I was walking home that day. Through an alley as a shortcut. He didn't shout, and I only knew he was there when I saw his face a foot from the ground. He had green hair and eyes." That got their attention. Pieces were starting to come together, but the picture it formed didn't make sense. It was illogical. "I couldn't say anything as he hit the floor. My mind stared, I just couldn't process it for the moment..." Ochako was personally struggling with this, as these memories had been too traumatic to revisit before now. Now, actually wanting to remember, it all flooded back. "All I could do was cry and head home. I called the police and told them what happened and where it did... then went to sleep."

Aizawa, the rational and logical one, still didn't understand... "How does this connect..."
She cut off her teacher. Normally, she never would, but this wasn't about him. "The next morning, I wake up to find the ghost of the boy controlling my body. Both of us were confused. He wanted to die. I didn't know what was happening, but after that day, we worked together towards becoming a hero. He's really smart, and when he's in control, my eyes turn green."

Both adults' eyes were wide with shock. Not only did her story imply that she had a close call with death, very narrowly being crushed by this other boy, but that souls exist. "That... doesn't seem possible..."

Meanwhile, Ochako asked the boy, Do you want to talk to them?

Somewhat eager to speak to heroes, he agreed. Of course it was a method for her mind to take a break from this interview. Sure! And so, Izuku took command and Ochako's eyes turned green. "Hi."

Immediately noticing the color change, as well as the more shy nature she showed, Aizawa asked, "So you are the supposed ghost then?"
He nodded with her head. "Y-yep... My name is Izuku Midoriya!"

With a bluntness that made RG pale with shock, the underground hero asked, "If you are a ghost, why did you jump?"
Just as taken aback as the heroine was, the ghost stuttered, "I... I was quirkless..." He expected for the man to take out anger on him, for a number of things. Being quirkless was number one, but so was killing themselves, possessing his student, and causing a whole number of issues for him in the past couple months.

However, he was not expecting the quiet apology. But, then again, this was Eraserhead. He was basically the closest thing to a quirkless hero that he could think of, even if he didn't use his reputation to help people like him. It was probably for that reason why Izuku expected a "normal" response. Not this: "I'm sorry."

Immediately, Izuku defended the hero's position, to their surprise. Probably a trained response. "Don't be! Y-you're a rational person. You need more than just what I say..." He looked away for a moment, before returning their gazes. "I do have a couple questions though!"
Seeing life from a ghost was unusual, but this was the first ghost they had ever met. [>-@ l3asT iN tH1s fr@c4ur3-<] Still, Aizawa acknowledged his request. "What are they?"

Izuku immediately asked something about quirk technique. "Have you every tried moving your eyes in two different directions to nullify two people's quirks?"
"What?" Aizawa was dumbfounded, while Recovery girl laughed. Shaking his head, the man stated that he hadn't. Undeterred, Izuku's other two questions were also about his quirk. Surprised by all the attention on that specifically, he remarked, "Why are you obsessed with my quirk?"

The former boy apologized, immediately making the man regret his words. At least before his... [her?] voice became animated once more. "S-sorry, I am with all quirks! Well, since I didn't have one, I did a lot of study into them. They're just fascinating!"