He looked at me with a long face and listened. "Ma'am, can you step out of the car for a minute?" He asked. "That means you are taking me? Oh thank you so much! You have no idea what you are doing for me," I said smiling and grabbed my handbag from the back seat and got out. Smiling, I said, "Let's go." I took one step and the officer said, "Uh huh, hold on." Looking at his colleague, he said, "Search the car." My jaw dropped at his audacity and before the constable could touch my car, I stopped him. "Listen, let's solve this your way ok," I said and took out a heap of notes, "Isn't this what you want? Take it and let's end this situation because if you are not taking me to the airport then I have to call an Uber." "Patel, search the car," the officer said sternly. "Listen, Mr..." I said and read his name, "Tripathi, I am not a criminal. In fact, I am the daughter of Parminder Kaur Gill. I'm sure you must have heard her name. She's one of the biggest business tycoon in Delhi." "Oh yes! From the time I saw your drivers license, I knew who you were," he said. "Great! How did you know?" I asked. "We have a warrant against you at the police station for arrogance," he said sarcastically. "I don't like your jokes. Stop cracking them," I said. "Sir, all clean," the constable said. "Ok. Come with me," he said. "Finally!" I exclaimed, "Bye!" "Oh no ma'am, don't be fooled, you're coming too. Get into the jeep," he said. "What? Eww no!" I said scornful. "Will you do so on your own or will I have to handcuff you and take you?" He asked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Stomping my feet, I went to the Jeep and opened the door. "No ma'am. Get in the back," he said. "Can't I sit in front?" I asked. "No," he said. I sat in the back of the Jeep and he drove off. "Hello! What about my luggage?" I asked. "It will reach you in jail," he said. "Jail?!" I screamed. "For God's sake, woman, please stop screaming?" He said. 

I sat quietly and knew in my head that Mom would let me out. I just have to call her. I took my phone but as I was dialing her number, the constable took the phone from me saying, "You will make all your calls at the station." He took away my handbag and rested it besides him. "Excuse me. Gently, that is a 40,000 dollar Prada bag. You don't even earn as much as I spend on a bag," I said showing off. "We're here," the man said and stopped the Jeep. They took me out and carried me inside. The place was filthy and noisy like every police station I had seen in movies. The man took me to his desk and said, "You have five minutes to make one call alone. Make it count." I immediately called Mom but she didn't answer. I tried two more times and this time, she cut the call. "What are you so busy doing that you can't take a call?" I said gritting my teeth. "Time's up," the inspector said. "Listen sir," I said politely, "My mom is not answering my call. Perhaps, she doesn't want to take the unknown number. Can I please have my phone back to call her?" The man looked at me convinced for a while and said, "No. Suman, take her to the cell." "This is not right! Why can't I call my mother? I will sue you all! Wait until I tell the Comissioner about this!" I yelled all the way to my cell. "Yeah yeah! We will wait. Get inside," the lady said harshly and pushed me inside. "Ouch!" I said slightly twisting my ankle with my heels. I went back to the iron gate and asked to the officer, "What are you even charging me for?" "You will find out tomorrow in court," he said. "Mr. Tripathi, please, let me go. I promise that I won't speed my car above limit again. In fact, I will sell all my cars and buy a bicycle. Even if I wished, that would not be able to break the speed limit. And look at how healthy it will be for both myself and the environment. Please, let me go," I said placing irrational requests in front him. But he sat and continued to ignore me. 

After shouting to the top of my lungs for hours and adding to the already noisy station, I was parched. I looked at the small clay pot with water and it was tempting but I couldn't trust the quality and cleanliness. I decided to not speak a word anymore and hoped that Mom finds out somehow and come get me out of this trashcan. I sat down and waited. I was exhausted and leaned back on the wall. My eyes began feeling extremely heavy and I began to sleep away. "Hello!" I was awaken by the rude knocking of wood against the cell metal and opened my eyes. The lady constable woke me up saying, "You have to go to court." I yawned and stretched. "Can you make me a coffee?" I asked. "When you are standing before the judge, ask him. Let's go," she said. She unlocked the cell and I stepped out. Showing me the handcuffs, I stretched my hands out and she placed them on. I got into the Jeep and went to the small court house. Approximately, after two hours, my case came before the judge and I stood looking at him. He looked through my file and then at me. "Ma'am, do you realise that you have fifteen unpaid parking tickets, four speeding tickets, charged for attempt to bribe a police officer, endangering the public's safety by reckless driving and disrupting police proceedings, just to name a few on you right now?" He asked. "You told me. I know now," I said. There were some chatter in the crowd about my answer and the judge hit the gavel saying, "Order." "I still don't understand how you are out of jail until now," he said. "Same here, sir," I said. "I have something special for you," he said. "Really? Is it a gift? How did you know that today is my birthday?" I asked excitedly. "Are you being serious right now?" The judge asked surprised at my behaviour. I frowned. "Anyway, it is a gift alright. To society. For each of charge against you, I am sentencing you to one day of community service," he said. "What!" I yelled. "I'm not done yet. That adds up to twenty-eight days, four weeks of community service. You will be staying in the Guru Nanak Old Aged home and you will serve them for these twenty-eight days," he said. "No! You can't be serious! Please! Don't do this!" I shouted, pleading. "It's either this or the same amount of days in prison," he said. I looked at him knowing that there was no way out of this and said, "I'll take the community service." I bent my head as he signed the paper saying, "You will return to meet me on the twenty-ninth day and then, I will speak to you. Happy Birthday. Court is adjourn." He hit the gavel a final time and the constables took me away. 

_____________________

Hey guys! So, here it is, my new Sidnaaz story. I am very excited to start this new journey and I hope that you guys will support me on this one. Please vote, leave a comment on what you think and share my story with everyone. Until next time, bye!