'best friends'

notes: kinda inspired by that scene from in secret (elizabeth olsen)
warning: smut-ish but mostly just fluff

You and Natasha had been best friends for nine years now. wherever you were, nat was. You had a healthy relationship and you were best of friends in every sense of the word. Platonic soulmates as they say... But you'd always wished you were more, held back as you didn't want to ruin what you two had.

Today there was a difference hanging over you both, looming in the air. You wondered if you'd said something wrong or done something too much. It just felt odd. But here you were, in the avengers compound spread across the sofa as you normally did on a Friday night. All the other avengers would go out and have dinner or a party but you two preferred to keep it low key and watch a movie or two with a pizza. 'Devil wears prada' was playing in the background whilst you both sat, legs intertwined next to empty take out boxes when you felt two determined eyes staring into your head.

You felt nats glare from across the sofa yet didn't say anything. She's just zoning out again, you thought. That was until she picked up the remote and turned the tv down so it was merely a background distraction. She turned her body to face yours and you sat up, feeling a confrontation of some sorts impending. "Kiss me, y/n'"she said with a hint of dead seriousness about her. "Alright" you laughed, confused as to why she went out of her way for that. You pecked her cheek in the way friends do but she looked disappointed by it. "No, not like that" she shook her head, a frown pulling at the corners of her lips. "Like this?'", you kissed her forehead, in the way that a sibling may if you fell or were upset.
Still she looked saddened. "No...'"she said sternly. "Well how?'" You replied, not understanding what she possibly meant.

She stared into your eyes and you gazed back into her emerald orbs which flickered from your eyes to your lips to your eyes again and before you gripped reality she placed a soft hand upon your cheek and pulled your face close to hers, hesitating for a split second before closing the gap between you both and laying a passionate, emotion filled kiss on your soft lips. After a few moments of you both basking in the connection and enjoying the taste of each-other on both your lips, She pulled back and looked as if she were to start crying. "W-what was that about'". you enquire with a small smile. "I've wanted to kiss you like that for years.'"The older woman confessed. "Well that's fortunate; because I feel the same way.'"
You both laughed breathily before sealing her lips with a much more heated and intense kiss. Your tounges fought for dominance over one another until she finally won, sucking gently on your lower lip until it bruised lightly. You relished her touch, the feeling of her hands gliding down your spine as she tugged playfully at the hem of your shirt, teasing you constantly whilst her free hand moved up to grab your hair, butterflies filling your stomach as you felt her hands pull against your soft y/h/c strands. She twirled your hair around her fingers and held your back forcing your hips impossibly closer whilst retaining her dominance in your kiss.

This moment was everything you had ever imagined it being and after a short while- much shorter than you liked, she has to pull back simply to catch her breath. You both got lost in each-others eyes, panting for your breath whilst doing so before she broke the silence. "So... what does that all mean?'"The woman asked intently. 'What do you want it to mean?' You asked with all the same intent. "I want it to mean that you like me. Because I most certainly like you.'"She said with a grin and you nodded, "mm i most certainly do like you-'"you said before briefly kissing her again. You leant your forehead against hers before whispering, "will you be my girlfriend?'"Silence fell between you for what felt like a lifetime but was really a second or two. The woman pulled back and stared at you in disbelief, "wait. WAIT. really?!?!'"
"yes really you idiot"
"Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!"
Natasha pulled you into a tight tight hug and laughed into your hair, you could feel her smile even from behind.
"I'll take that as a yes'"you stated happily, moving a hand up to hold her head, stroking her hair carefully.
"Yes. A million times yes.'" She whispered calmly.

A peace fell in the room and you both returned to watching the movie. only now you were much closer, natashas head laying on your chest whilst you stroked her hair and not so much 'watching the movie' as it was being with eachother. In the purest sense of the words. You felt the red head drift off on top of you and you whispered into her ear,
" I love you tash..."
Assuming she hadn't heard you focused your attention back to the movie, which was now close to ending but you didn't seem to care. Just as you readjusted to the new point of the film you felt a faint voice on your chest, nothing else mattered.
"I love you too y/n"

_______________________________

a/ n:
HAHA so there's that. hope u liked it. more heated than usual but I wanted to give it a try. lmk what you think😭😭