3

LUNCH DATE

Thea walked into the larger building earlier than she was supposed to be there. She had dropped off her kids and somehow managed to miss the traffic. There weren't many people in the lobby since she was early, so she didn't have any trouble making her way to the elevator. She silently rode to the top floor.

When she got there she made her way to her desk to wait for steve and bucky to get there, so she could do something. Just as she sat down the elevator dinged and a tall woman walked in.

Thea didn't have a good chance to look at her before she was in front of her starring at her like she was looking into Thea's soul. "I know I'm beautiful, but are you going to stare at me all day." She said rudely towards thea.

"S-sorry, How can I help you," Thea said as she looked up at the woman, she now realized that she was wearing way too much makeup.

Suddenly the elevator dinged, and both steve and bucky walked out, only to stop in their place at the sight of the woman. "What are you doing here?" Bucky said through gritted teeth.

The woman spun around, her hair almost hitting thea in her face luckily she moved out of the way. "James, baby. I've missed you." She said as she started walking towards bucky.

"I thought I told you to stay far away from me, Brittney Bucky said. Thea watched him mainly, she could see that his jaw was clenched and his fist was balled up into fists. It was clear to thea, that bucky didn't like this woman very much.

"Baby, I thought we were over that spell." She said, She was now in front of her, messing with his suit. Bucky grabbed her hands and pulled them off of him. Making her step pack a step.

"No, we never were, Now, get out of my building. Theadora, call security please." Bucky said looking at thea, she simply nodded and picked up the phone. Bucky didn't realize that he had called her by her first name, but it slipped out.

The security came out and bucky went to his office to cool down, thea walked with the security to make sure she was out of the building because steve couldn't do it, he went with bucky to his office.

When they were outside of the building thea started walking back inside but was pulled back by the woman making her face her. "He is mine, you ugly worthless whore." and with that, Brittney turned around and walked off.

When bucky went into his office he immediately went to get a drink steve behind him, Bucky got rid of his suits coat and then poured himself a large drink, collapsing on one of the comfortable leather couches. Bucky was furious, How could she turn back up after what she had done.

"You alright," Steve asked as he took a seat on one of the couches, bucky on the other. Bucky hummed in response, not wanting to talk about it.

They sat in silence. Bucky was on one couch drinking his drink staring into space thinking, while steve was on the other reading through a document. They were pulled out of their thoughts when there was a knock on the door.

Bucky sighed and got up to answer, opening the door to reveal thea standing there. She turned to him, a small smile playing on her lips. Bucky found her presence immediately affecting him, changing his whole demeanor. He immediately relaxed.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, she had seen how just the sight of that woman made him immediately angry, by the way, his jaw was clenched and his fist was balled up enough to make his knuckles white.

Bucky smiled at her question, she was so innocent, she was caring and sweet just by simply showing that she wonder if he was okay, and bucky fucking loved it.