𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

☼

"Did you tell her? About my glorious purpose?" Loki says in a mocking tone. "My glorious purpose of causing pain and chaos so that others can be the best versions of themselves?"

Mobius sighs as Loki sits on the chair. "I'd rather not break her heart. She's got a lot in her plate, I can tell."

Loki dryly laughs. "Was she included in the others, then?"

"Of course she was, Loki. Your death was supposed to lead her to reaching the best version of herself."

Loki glares at him. "Thanks, Mobius. Very comforting."

Mobius just chuckles. "Sorry, Loki. That was sort of your description when I read about you. Born to cause pain, suffering and death."

"And how reassuring."

"Sorry, sorry. I'm still adjusting to my human self. Sylvie showed me a lot of my life here." Mobius sadly smiles at him. "I owned a resort, can you believe it? Rented out jet skis, and everything." He chuckles. "I even had a daughter."

Loki softens. "A daughter?"

"Yeah... she's very grown up now. Lives with my variant in Ohio." Mobius smiles in such a sad way, it tore Loki's heart. "I looked really happy with her."

Loki gently smiles. "What's her name?"

He laughs. "Funnily enough, the girl's name is Mavis." The two of them chuckle together. "I guess some of her still lives in me."

"Do you want to see her?"

"It wouldn't matter. And I wouldn't want to mess her life up. She's got a good one."

That makes Loki go silent.

Many nights later, Anya stands in the balcony just watching the sky when she hears footsteps behind her. She turns and sees Thor approaching her with a smile.

She grins. "Hey, big guy."

Thor chuckles. "I think you are mistaking me for someone enormous and green."

"What's up? What are you doing here?"

"I only wanted to see how you were. Your dinner with the Wakandans is tomorrow."

"Right. That." Anya mutters.

"What are you so afraid of?"

"Other than seeing T'challa again? Facing him after what I'd done to his sister? His people? Gee, I don't know, Thor."

"The Wakandans weren't the only ones affected by what happened, Anya. Why are you the most nervous to face them?"

Anya hesitates. "Because I saw the way T'challa looked at me. Our friends just looked confused, and shocked. The other sorcerers didn't really looked surprised. Maybe because they've witnessed many strange things before, and I was just another for them... but T'challa," she sucks in a breath. "He looked at me like I was a monster."

She leans against the marble railing as Thor stays silent from next to her.

"If the King of Wakanda looked at me that way, I can only imagine what his entire kingdom sees me as."

Thor frowns. "I still don't understand what happened. It was abrupt. Too quick to comprehend."

Anya weakly chuckles. "I don't understand either."

"Why have you refused to use your magic since then, Anya? Is it because you lost them?"

"Thor, I told you before. I don't have magic. My abilities are biological, unlike Wanda's. Hers came from an Infinity Stone. I... inherited my abilities. I just don't know who from." She sighs, and looks down at her hands while smiling bitterly. "And to answer your questions, I didn't lose my powers. In fact, I feel like it magnified after what happened." She holds out her fist in front of herself, and Thor's eyes follow her movement.

When her fist opens in a swift manner, fire burst from it before settling down on her palm. Thor's lips part in astonishment upon seeing it, but the only difference now is the hue of her fire.

Gone was the familiar orange hue from her palms, and it was now replaced by a cold pigment of blue. The sapphire colored flame burning calmly on her palm casted a blue hue over their skin.

"I did a lot of research, you know. Did you know that blue fire is ten times hotter than the surface of the sun? It could burn someone alive in just a split second. We all found that out in the hard way." Anya's lips twitch into another bitter smile, and gracefully closes her fist to put the fire out. "After Thanos, I went back to square one of not knowing what I can do with my powers." She chuckles. "It got me wishing that your brother would come back to life just to teach me again. Guide me into it again," she snorts. "Be careful what you wish for."

Thor frowns. "Are you not happy that he's back?"

"I'm happy that you got your brother back, I'm happy that Asgard has its two princes back... but I can't lie and say that I'm glad it isn't the Loki that I fell in love with. I'm sorry, Thor." Anya quietly says, and Thor falls silent.

"I'm truly sorry that he isn't the Loki that you hoped for."

Anya waves him off. "It's fine. I'm just glad that you're happy. You deserve it. You've been there for me since the beginning, you never gave up on me. Even when I was so close to giving up on myself." Her eyes fill with tears. "You and Wanda were all I had for such a long time of feeling like I had no one left, and I want to thank you."

Thor offers a smile, and she tries to mirror it but her lips wobble, threatening to let out a sob.

"Whenever I see Loki, I just miss the other him so badly. Seeing him walk around again being his usual self, while also knowing that I'm a total stranger to him... it breaks me over and over again, Thor." Anya's voice cracks. "And now we have to fight this godlike figure while we're so unprepared... and we have to reach out to the person I hate the most." She says through gritted teeth. "I'm so tired."

He sighs and approaches her, wiping Anya's cheeks free of tears. "It will be alright at the end, Anya."

She sniffles while nodding. Before she could respond, another voice from around them speaks.

"Miss Anya, Mr. Stark would like to see you now. Regarding tonight's visit to Greenwich Village." FRIDAY talks to her and Anya sighs before responding with a yes.

Anya smiles at Thor and pats his arm before leaving the balcony. Thor watches her as she leaves him.

Once she is gone, a glow of green casts over Thor's body and morphs back into its original state. A new figure takes his place.

Loki stares after the direction which Anya left to, before he looks towards the stars in the sky while recalling everything Anya said to him tonight. Is this truly the best version of herself that his death caused?

note: sorry for the very late update, i'm currently in college and we just had our midterms lmfao D;
on another note, i feel bad for loki. imagine finding out that your whole existence was just to cause pain, suffering and death to make other people be the best versions of themselves :( tva!loki i love you, you're more than that