𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

☼

"Do you think we're moving too fast?"

The very next morning after they made love, Loki wakes up to Anya cuddled up to his side. Their bodies are bare from under the sheets and her arm is resting across his torso. His arm serves as a pillow for her head, so he could traces his fingers on her back.

"If we were on Asgard, I'd have to ask your sister for her blessing yesterday and asked for your hand tonight. We'd be married in three days. I think, by my standards, we are moving too slow." Loki sleepily answers.

"Jesus." Anya mumbles with a tired laugh.

"I had to read many books just to fully grasp how different humans choose their partner. There are so many different ways. On Asgard, if you meet someone you like, you ask for their parents' blessing to ask her hand in marriage."

"Is that really how it works there?"

"Hm, yes. Courtship takes much longer than a wedding on Asgard, too."

"Courtship? That's a thing?"

Loki smiles even when his eyes are closed. "Is there something wrong with it?"

"Nothing wrong, I just... you know, courtship is very different here on Earth," she touches the soft tufts of hair on his chest.

"I don't think texting should count as courtship. Nor should dating sites."

"I should really stop you from watching awful reality shows with me."

"Please, don't. I'd have nothing else to make fun of about Earth."

Anya laughs against his shoulder. "Tell me how it works on Asgard."

"Well, the man, who desired to be with the woman, has to offer gifts to her family in order to show that he is serious. He has to shower her with gifts, love, and honor."

"Honor?"

"A good man for a woman to marry should be strong. Diligent. A warrior in many ways other than combat. If you bring honor to your family, you'll be bringing honor to your future spouse's family as well."

"I bet you wouldn't have any problem with courting someone on Asgard."

Loki chuckles lightly. "I assure you, as charming as I am with you, I never found courtship interesting. I used to believe it was because I thought courtship was boring, but really... it is because I never found the right person to court. I tried it once, it did not end well."

Anya widens her eyes in disbelief that anyone would reject Loki. "You tried to court someone before?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't it end well?"

Loki sighs. "I found out that she was in love with my brother more so than she was with me."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It is best that the relationship between the Lady Sif and I ended early. Before our parents even found out about us."

Anya recognizes the name. "That... that was the woman your dad is setting up your brother with."

"Yes. I mentioned her to you before."

"Wow. She must be very beautiful if she got you and Thor." Anya mutters.

Loki smirks. "Is that jealousy I detect in your voice, Miss Anastasia?"

"Shut up."

"No need to worry about certain sexy female Asgardian warriors with nerves of steel," Loki purrs teasingly at her, his fingers still touching the small of her back.

"Not helping." She huffs.

Loki chuckles and the sound makes his chest vibrate under her hand. "Hm. I quite like the idea of you being jealous. Maybe a bit... too much," Loki smirks and starts to lower his hand to the curve of her arse.

She reaches behind her and stops him. "Watch it, God of Mischief. We still need to get up in a few minutes."

He sighs, politely settling his hand on her back again. "Very well. I was planning to do quite a number of activities with you."

Anya smirks. "Is it true that you fathered a serpent?"

Loki rolls his eyes.

"Or that you have a wolf child?"

"Anya."

"I think I read something about a horse, too..."

Loki covers her mouth with his hand. "I yield." He scoffs at Anya's smirk. "As I was saying, with courtship in Asgard, things are much more discreet and conservative. There are no touching involved, at least not in a sexual context. No kissing, and certainly no sex. Women on Asgard are valued and treasured. They are not meant to be treated as mere broodmares. Unlike other realms. And Asgard is much different from Earth. From what I've seen in films you watch, I don't think courtship is commonly practiced here."

"We definitely didn't practice it last night."

Loki laughs again. "Quite right, little Terran." He opens his eyes and is greeted by her beautiful face. "If you lived in Asgard and I was your prince, I would've courted you the minute I saw you."

Anya rolls her eyes. "No, you wouldn't. You would hate me first and trick me all the time like you did here on Earth."

Loki tries to suppress his smirk. "Maybe it is the way I show my affection."

"Piss off, Loki."

He takes her hand and presses a kiss on her knuckles. Loki knows that Anya has been quite stressed over the accords and how it is slowly dividing the group, so he is glad that he can at least have this quiet time with her.

"Miss Anastasia, your sister is on her way to your room to see you." FRIDAY's voice interrupts Loki's train of thought.

Well, he spoke too soon.

Loki frowns a bit and Anya gives him an apologetic smile before she slips out of his grasp to get dressed. Loki watches her slip back into her clothes from the night before. He teases her by keeping her underwear under his pillow and pretending he hasn't seen it. Anya tries to argue with him for a moment, but gives up and leans down to kiss him before she leaves the room with a contented smile.

note: loki would be so cute when he's in love :(