𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

☼

"He's the God of Lies, remember? What if he's just making all this stuff up about the TVA and voids and a literal god who knows everything that's going to happen?" Anya stressfully runs her fingers through her hair. "Really thought we were going to have a normal day and then he just drops all of this on us."

Wanda sighs, sitting on her bed. "I can't believe you told him that I can read his mind. You know I couldn't, at least not fully. I hadn't before, I can't now."

"He didn't seem surprised when we said that we're okay with him."

"Yeah, which makes me believe that he's not here to hurt anyone." Wanda urges her.

"What if that's what he wants us to think?" Anya exasperatedly exhales, sinking to the carpeted floor in front of Wanda's bed. "He's a god, Wanda. What if he's powerful enough to trick you—he's the God of Mischief!" She harshly whispers. "And he's the one who taught you magic, too. Don't you think he can make you see things he wants you to see?"

"Well, he doesn't know that." Wanda shares her skepticism now, but a bigger part of her is confident in her own powers. She's been studying them for months now, and her improvement was great.

Reading Loki's mind was far from easy. It drained almost all of her energy just trying to see the tiniest fragments of his memories. It was difficult to truly see through him, even in his most vulnerable state.

"What if he's telling the truth?"

"About what? That some sort of organization is out there dictating the flow of time and that all of our choices are not our own?" Anya shakes her head. "No, Wanda. I don't believe that."

"Why would he lie about it then?"

Anya shakes her head. "That's what I want to find out. What else did you see in his memories?"

Wanda shrugs. "Not much, Anya. You know I can't. He's too powerful, even for me."

"Did you even try? This is Loki from New York." Anya pleads. "I need to know if he's not here to hurt people."

Wanda shakes her head. "I saw some of what looked like an office. They were blurred out and some had blanks. I don't think my own mind can comprehend it enough for me to actually see what's going on." Wanda murmurs. "I think I saw the Void he was talking about. Apparently, the people I saw were Loki's." She lets out a doozy sigh.

Anya sits on the floor and leans herself against Wanda's bed. "Any particular Loki's that were interesting?"

"Hm... there was a female Loki who looked very pretty."

Anya widens her eyes. "A female Loki?"

"I thought Loki can shapeshift. You've never seen him in his female form?"

"No, I didn't. I haven't."

"Well... she looked pretty." Wanda nods with a small smile. "But she was angry... but I'm not sure for what. It's so hard to get into his head. I couldn't see the entire situation he's in. Just bits... and I can tell that he's in deep pain."

"And, what, we're supposed to just let him stay here?" Anya's voice breaks. "I can't do that, Wanda. I can't look at him everyday and be reminded that I lost him."

"He's drawn to you, Anya. He came here for a reason. He chose to see you for a reason."

"I can't do this for long-term," Anya shakes her head. "He can stay for now, but he needs to go back where he came from."

"Anya..."

"He's not the Loki we know, Wanda."

"How do you know that?"

Anya almost reaches for her own necklace, but she just shakes her head. "It's not him." She stands and approaches the door. "I know better than to pretend that he is,"

Wanda's gaze hardens. "Is that supposed to mean something else, Anya?"

"We are not going to discuss this tonight," she glares at Wanda and leaves her room, hurrying off to her own personal space.

She plops to her bed and deeply exhales, glancing to her nightstand. She catches a glimpse of a framed photograph of her and Loki. Her heart tightens inside her chest, and she sits up to take the frame into her hands.

Anya's lips wobble into a smile, staring into Loki's wide grin next to her. It was a beautiful day at the Avengers Compound. She can still remember that day as clear as the sky. Loki offered to walk her around the gardens that morning, and Thor decided to steal Anya's phone and force them to have a photo.

Thor was quite excited to learn about human technology that he took a lot of pictures, but this one stood out the most that Anya just had to have it framed and be displayed in her room.

"Thor, what the hell are you doing?" Anya laughs as Thor holds up the phone to snap photos of her and Loki.

"I am trying to figure out how to use these devices, so I can make fun of Stark and prove to him that he has certain facial expressions that are most amusing," Thor lengthily explains. "Now, do shut up and pretend I am not even here."

"It is best if you ignore him. He tends to simmer down upon receiving no attention." Loki urges her, smiling while watching her face.

Anya snorts, rolling her eyes. "You two are a handful, you know that right? Can't imagine how life is like on Asgard."

"Oh, I can assure you, my Lady Anastasia, that our life on Asgard is much more exciting than you can possibly imagine." Thor grins as he snaps a few more photos.

"Thor, come on. I think the whole Lady thing should be avoided." Anya smirks.

Loki smiles at her. "Well, with charm like that, who can resist not calling you their lady?"

"Tone it down, lover boy. We are not doing this here," Anya shots him a look.

Thor bellows out a laugh. "Ah, young love. Who would've thought that my dear brother would fall for a mortal?"

"Have care what you speak, brother!" Loki scolds, but there is a certain tint in his cheeks that makes Anya smile.

"If you call me mortal again, I'm going to put fire under your ass and make sure it can't be extinguished."

Thor laughs again. "Your humor is admirable, my dear Anya!" He chuckles as he walks away, leaving them by the garden.

Anya glances at Loki with a knowing smile. "So, young love, huh? Exactly, how old are you again?"

Loki's smile drops and he rolls his eyes. "Oh, piss off, Anya."

She smiles weakly at the memory, even letting out a chuckle as she remembers how fun that day was. Anya lets out a sigh and puts the frame down before sliding into bed. She didn't sleep that night, knowing that Loki is right next door to her room.