𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘯'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘦

☼

During the rare moments that Steve would let Anya have a break, she would see Loki teaching Wanda how to use her abilities from the Mind Stone. She would see Loki clapping with a smile, and Wanda excitedly repeating what she just learned. Tenth lesson for her, and Anya still hasn't gone past lesson two.

Anya feels a slight churn in her stomach when she sees Loki with Wanda. They both look quite happy, and she can't believe she's thinking this, but the two magical beings would look great together. They were both powerful and, not to mention, stunning.

As Anya sits on the floor by her paintings, she fiddle with a flame dancing around her fingers. Something Loki taught her. She watches the flame take form of a little bee of light, and she smiles.

It wasn't until someone literally walked through the walls, and Anya jumped. "Jesus, Vision!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. The door was unlocked, so I thought..." Vision trails off. "May I speak freely to you, Anya?"

His voice sounding like JARVIS still creeps Anya out, but she tries to get used to it. "What is it?"

"I was wondering if you know of what I can do to keep Wanda happy."

"Oh, believe me, Wanda is extremely happy whenever Loki is teaching her how to use her powers."

"But why is it that I always hear her cry before falling asleep at night? I've realized how that can be an expression of extreme sadness. I... I'd like to remedy that."

Anya softens, and shrugs. "Her brother died, Vision. Her remaining family. She lost her birthplace, and she lives in a foreign country now. Give her some time."

Vision nods. "Yes. Thank you for your wisdom, Anya."

"Hey... Wanda's powers came from that stone, right?" She points to his head, approaching him.

Vision nods and lets her come near him. Anya lightly touches the stone on his head, smiling a bit.

"Do you think that maybe... my powers came from it, too?"

"It's surely not an impossibility." Vision offers a smile, which she returns. He feels warm, just like how Anya imagined JARVIS would've been, had he had a body. "Although, the power surging within you has a different structure from Wanda's. Different from the stone." Vision takes her hand and hovers his own red palm over her arm. "Your abilities have the same energy signature as the sun's core. They were not given to you. They are inherited."

Anya frowns. "Inherited?"

"Yes. I can feel... I can feel the sun's essence running through your veins, inside every cell in your body. Connected to your genetic code." Vision blinks, almost confused as well.

Anya stares back at him with wide eyes. "What you're saying is that... I have relatives who has this power?"

Vision sighs. "For that, I cannot be certain. As far as I can scan you, you are completely human. All I can say is that your abilities are tethered to you. It is part of your soul. While Wanda's abilities are given and can be extracted, yours are inherited and cannot be separated from you. As if it is biologically part of your being."

From that revelation, Anya could barely sleep. Vision basically told her that she had relatives who could do the things she can do, maybe from that, she can find her real parents. If they are still alive.

Loki finally arrives to watch a film with her and is surprised to see that the television is off. "Not interested in a film today?"

"Vision told me something interesting today."

He glances at her and sits down. "You've been spending quite a lot of time with the Vision." Loki mutters quietly.

"He told me that my powers didn't come from the stone, Loki. Not any of them. He said it was inherited."

Loki gives her an incredulous look. "Well, that would be absurd. If that were true, then you would have to be non-human." He appears amused now. "You look human to me, Anya."

She looks at him with a frown. "You don't think it's possible for me to have a relative who isn't human?"

"No." Loki easily answers. "You are fully human. You do not have to be non-human like me to be remarkable, Anya."

"Why does that sound like you don't even want to entertain the idea that I might not be fully human?" Anger washes over her. "Do you still really look down on my race?"

Loki gives her a look. "When it comes to everything else, Gods are obviously much more powerful than humans, and live longer lives. That is a fact."

"So, it gives you a right to insult the people I live among with?"

"That is not what I'm saying. I—"

"No, I think I know what you're saying. God of Mischief." Anya scowls at him before standing to leave. Loki listens to her footsteps as she exits, and he sighs in disappointment. It's quite unfortunate that he loses his silvertongue whenever he is around her.

note: the next chapter is one of my favorites ones to write :,)