Chapter 9: The Hopeless Endeavor

Ok so this is going to be a slightly shorter chapter

At the Midoriya household, 8:00Pm, 1 week after UA's entrance exam

Izuku Katsuki and Yuuki were all sitting in the living room while holding UA's letter sent to them. Yuuki and Katsuki both received it at their houses but they all agreed to open them at the same time. Inko stood at the side of the room waiting for them to open it.

"Alright, on three." Izuku said.

"1" Katsuki started,

"2" Yuuki said,

"3!" They each said as they opened their letters.

In each of their letters was a small disc that said UA. Izuku pressed the UA part and watched as a hologram appeared. It was All Might who was standing behind a scoreboard.

"HELLO, I AM HERE, IN A HOLOGRAM! I'M NOW WORKING AS A TEACHER AT UA FOR THE HERO COURSE, SO WE WILL BE SEEING EACH OTHER A LOT! YOUNG MIDORIYA, YOU GOT 1st PLACE IN BOTH THE PRACTICAL AND PAPER TEST! YOU GOT A PERFECT 100 ON THE PAPER TEST AND THE NOW NEW HIGHEST RECORD FOR POINTS EARNED IN THE PRACTICAL PORTION, BEATING MY HIGH-SCORE, WHICH WAS 237, AND SURPASSED IT WITH 278! YOU MADE 164 POINTS FROM SMASHING VILLAINS AND GAINED 114 RESCUE POINTS FROM SAVING OTHER EXAMINEES! WELCOME TO UA HIGH SCHOOL, WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM YOU!!" All Might said as the hologram.

Katsuki did his next. All Might said the exact same thing as he did with Izuku until he got to his name. "YOUNG BAKUGOU, YOU GOT 3rd PLACD IN THE PAPER TEST AND 2nd IN THE PRACTICAL PORTION! YOU GOT A 92 ON THE PAPER TEST AND SURPASSED MY RECORD, WHICH WAS 237, WITH 256! YOU MADE 231 POINTS BY SMASHING VILLAINS, AND 25 RESCUE POINTS YOU EARNED FROM SAVING OTHER EXAMINEES! WELCOME TO UA HIGH SCHOOL, WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM YOU!!"

And finally, Yuuki pressed hers, with All Might saying the same first 2 sentences. "YOUNG TODOROKI, YOU GOT 2nd PLANCE IN THE PAPER TEST AND 3rd PLACE IN THE PRACTICAL PORTION! YOU GOT A 97 ON THE PAPER TEST AND YOU SURPASSED MY RECORD, WHICH WAS 237, WITH 250 POINTS! YOU MADE 120 POINTS BY SMASHING VILLAINS, AND SURPASSED THE HIGH-SCORE OF RESUCE POINTS, HELD BY RECOVERY GIRL WHICH WAS 97, AND BEAT IT WITH 130! WELCOME TO UA HIGH SCHOOL, WE EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM YOU!!"

Izuku, Katsuki, and Yuuki, all looked at each other before smiling in victory at what they had accomplished. Inko looked on from the side and with a gentle smile on her face. Her son had secured a clear path to becoming a hero if he stayed on it. Not only did Izuku work hard in order to get where he is now, but he had friends that saw him for who he truly is. Not only that, but he also had other people that helped him reach where he is now. She couldn't describe in words how proud and happy she was for Izuku.

Izuku Katsuki and Yuuki then went on to have dinner and celebrate with Inko for a small party. After the celebration calmed down, Katsuki had decided to head out before his mom went looking for him. Katsuki's mom was Mitsuki Bakugou, a friend of Inko since high school. Mitsuki was a clothing designer that happened to work under Fiber Hero: Best Jeanist's company. Mitsuki and Inko had always had a friendly little rivalry much similar to Katsuki's and Izuku's. Inko and Mitsuki both worked their hardest in order to beat the other. So Inko also had a pretty well paying job.

She worked as a doctor and surgeon at a hospital in order to both save people and to get paid a lot, but she works really hard a lot and it causes her to be tired a bit. Inko had been working there for over 15 years since she was 23 years old.

Izuku has also been helping around financially since he was 12. He was really smart and learned how to operate almost every computer since he spends so much time on them, so he worked as a web designer that helped local schools and small businesses get websites running flawlessly. It wasn't much compared to Inko's salary but it was pretty high, that and with him starting to sell metals and minerals made from his earth quirk, he had been making even more money. This caused the house to look a little nicer, they got a new fridge, a new tv, new couch, a new table, and they even got new speakers in the living room along with a better internet. Overall, Izuku had helped contribute to making his home better and getting a honest living.