I felt my restraint shatter, finally giving up on self-preservation and survival. I was in a state of pure rage. I stood on my feet once more, wiping what must have been tears from my cheeks. "So", I leered. "What do you get from all this?" Riley looked over her shoulder at me with a disapproving glance. 

 What are you doing? She asked through the mind link. Don't provoke him. I stared at her in determination, my jaw clenched as my eyes moved back to Kyle. He looked at me with equal intensity, his pin-point pupils making his steel eyes even more harrowing. 

 "Ní dhéanfadh an soal capall rasa d'asal". The boys (all but a still unconscious Joey) stumbled to my side, and I felt all eyes on me. 

 "What is he saying?" Riley demanded, a hand now holding the open gash on her ribcage. She was losing energy. They all were. 

 "It's an Irish proverb - or should I say, a gross misuse of one", I barked. "It means you can't make a donkey into a racehorse". Kyle nodded with a maniacal laugh, his arms folded comfortably in front of him. His men had since shifted back, standing behind him looking feral.

 "Mhm, yup. Spot on Mia". He began pacing back and forth, as if he was a professor delivering a revolutionary lecture. "If you were just human, you would have no access to the power of the Gods. Thanks to yours truly, there is a whole world of possibilities. You see, your blood, it breeds power". I was disgusted. Not only did I just recently learn that I was in fact a demi-Goddess, but now there was a power hungry dickhead trying to cash in on my blood. Nice.

 "I'm here so that you can fulfill your true purpose. Soon, I'll gather all rogues across the States and across the Atlantic, packs will beg at my feet...it's just a pity you won't be alive to see it Mia". His patronizing tone bounced in my ears and my breathing grew louder as I stood enraged at the idea. 

 "You fucking nutcase. You actually think you're going to take me, bleed me dry, kill me and control the supernatural world?" I screamed in pure anger, my body shaking with fury as all eyes widened and stared at me. When I paused, you could have heard a pin drop. I began to walk forward, pushing past the arms of my mate and friends and stood inches in front of my tormentor. My lips turned up in a challenging smile as the blade of my knife poked under his chin. "I'd like to see you try".

 Kyle's expression faltered. He wasn't expecting that from me, clearly. He took a step back standing beside the large men that flanked him. Soon I felt hands tugging me backwards. Riley had pulled me into her, her eyes dark. I'm sure I looked just as furious as she did. Kyle nodded back to his men. "Get her at all costs necessary...and keep her alive until I can have my fun with her". A series of growls erupted from around me, clothes were ripped off and I was pushed to the ground once more as my mate and Don leapt forward first, shifting mid-air as several rogues ran forward. 

 My eyes remained trained on Kyle as he backed up and away from the fighting, smirking in delight as his lackeys bared their teeth towards Riley. I scrambled to my feet, sprinting towards him, my dress shredded in multiple places and small wounds covering me. I didn't care about getting hurt, as long as everyone else was okay. Part of me hoped I had some divine protection from dying in the moment. It was a foolish thought, but I held on to it as I stalked towards my prey. I fought against my feelings of helplessness. I wasn't who I used to be. I wasn't weak anymore. So why was I letting this bastard come into my home, disturb my pack and throw me around? It was time to fight back.

 "This ends now", I roared, chasing after him as he watched the bloodshed. I felt tingles spreading through my body, and brushed it off. initially putting it down to the oxygen fully returning my limbs, but as I marched forward, the sensation built, filling me with power. I paused for a second, confusing Kyle. The final piece of the puzzles clicked together in my mind. It all made sense. He was right, my blood was my power - my power. Stupid prick just gave me the answer without realizing. 

With increasing confidence, I moved towards him, twisting my knife in my hand, finally trusting my instincts for the first time in my life. He looked at me with a mocking stare. "Accepted your fate?" I snorted, turning to look at the battle behind me, then back at him. 

 "My fate, is to bury you six feet deep Kyle, and I am going to enjoy every second of it". Once more, his hand latched around my throat, but my smile stayed. He distanced himself from my knife, but instead of aiming it towards him, I placed out my hand, sliced across my palm and allowed the blood to drip on to the earth. I closed my eyes, feeling the power inside of me. The grip on my neck loosened and I felt the earth begin to shake. 

 All I could hear was muffled yells and the sound of the ground quaking underneath my bare feet. My eyes shot open and I couldn't help but smile at what I saw. Kyle struggled, clawing at grass as the earth opened up and swallowed him, his legs slipping into the open crevice in the ground. I squatted down, pulling each of his fingers from the dirt, watching him slip into the darkness, forever. In a matter of seconds, he was gone and I felt more powerful than ever. I took a deep breath and touched the earth, praying to my protector. Danu, Mother of the Earth, thank you - although, that was probably deeper than six feet.

 I slowly rose and turned around, seeing that the fighting had stopped, rogues holding their canines over the bodies of my mate and friends. I tilted my head playfully, raising my hand forward, my blood still dripping. 

 "Well then, who's next?"

________
So who stans demi-goddess Mia? Just me? Okayyyyy. So, this chapter took me so long to write and I don't know how you guys will feel about it, so let me know in the comments as usual, I really appreciate any and all feedback you guys give. So, share your thoughts with me, vote if you want and again I apologise for the delay in updating (college is a toughie this week). Hopefully I will be back again soon with more!!!!! Stay safe and well!
-C