𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙯𝙚 ♡ d. cacao

Start from the beginning

♡ You don't know why or how it happened—you can barely remember when.

♡ All you know is one day, you woke up, only to find yourself handcuffed to the tall man.

♡ You've been here ever since.

♡ You've never asked, but you have a decent assumption as to why you're here.

♡ Dark Cacao's—occasional—kisses are the only proof your 'theory' needs.

♡ You don't understand, nor do you care to understand.

♡ You're basically his little trophy husband—except that you're never shown off to the public.

♡ It upsets you, sure, but you doubt complaining will do anything.

♡ So you're quiet.

♡ If he wants you to be a complacent husband—or, that's what you assume at least, you're not married or in a relationship in any sense, but that means little-to-nothing to Dark Cacao—then you will.

♡ And he's happy with that, even if his touches are never reciprocated, even if your heart holds only cold feelings for him, even if you're secretly itching to leave him.

♡ He hopes that one day you'll warm up to him, and by extension, your new home.

♡ But if you never do, that's perfectly fine too! So long as he has you in the end.

♡ And he will have you, so it's not anything to fret about. 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"WHAT'S WRONG?"

The question was stupid. Dark Cacao knew it, you knew it. He already knew your answer, but he feigned ignorance well.

"Nothing."

On the same note, you were just as good at lying through your teeth.

He entrapped you in his arms, a sad attempt at a hug that you'd likely laugh at, had your situation been different. His grip was tight, and you didn't know if it was on purpose or pure instinct.

"You're lying."

Whether he knew that for a fact or was simply guessing, he wasn't wrong.

"It's just..." you sighed. "Nothing." You buried yourself into him, in an attempt to distract him from the issue at hand. It seemed to work, as he shifted his focus to your 'hug' rather than your apparent discomfort.

"If you say so." He said simply.

And that was that. Neither of you brought the topic back up for the rest of night. But in the backs of your minds, it was there.

Just waiting to be revisited.

You hoped it wouldn't, however. You'd much prefer him to keep silent, keep that cold, distant attitude he'd had towards you so long ago—back when your only concerns in life we're getting good grades in school and trying to avoid Pure Vanilla and White Lily's antics. But you weren't dense, you were well aware that eventually, he'd probe you for an answer.

Eventually, you'd snap. Eventually, you'd be in trouble. The chains you had worked so hard to get rid of would be back on you, and those nasty handcuffs would tie you to Dark Cacao all over again.