Thor extended his hand towards Loki, summoning Mjolnir. The hammer flew into his clenched fingers, freeing Loki from his trapped state.

Loki lifted his head in confusion as Thor raised Mjolnir above his head. Thunder growled from above.

"Stop! What are you doing?!!" Loki yelled, moving to run towards him. But Freyja blocked his way, Gungnir pointed to his chest.

Mjolnir came crashing down onto the bridge, shaking the ground and rattling Freyja and Loki's footing. Energy began spilling from the cracks, the luminescent colours fading as the foundation began to disconnect.

Loki tried to move, but Freyja's furious gaze kept him rooted.

He shouted out, "If you destroy the Bridge, you'll never see her again!"

His desperate eyes met Freyja's as he moved closer.

Her soul was torn. Broken into tatters with her resolve. She swung Gungnir, forcing Loki to take a step back.

"You won't stop him?! Will you sleep soundly knowing the Bifrost is forever closed?! Folkvangr will be lost to you!" Loki seethed cruelly.

Freyja let out a growl as anger bubbled inside her. She swung Gungnir once more, fury propelling the weapon at the man she once adored.

Folkvangr. Her paradise. She would never see it again. Never dip her toes into the clear stream, nor bask in the spring sunshine. The scent of the wild flowers and flavour of the pear trees...all gone.

Tears pricked at her eyes, distracting her for the slightest of seconds. Then sensing her turmoil, Loki launched himself towards her, ripping Gungnir from her clutches, then ran at his brother, poised for attack.

He couldn't let his plan fail. Jotenheim had to fall.

He felt an arm lock around his neck, and suddenly he was thrown backwards onto the bridge.

Freyja climbed onto his chest, either palm on his cheeks. Loki closed his eyes, resisting the energy surging through her fingers and into his soul like a barreling wild horse knocking him to the ground. Submission and pain tore through him, and he felt his resolve and will power slipping.

Then with one last crash, an explosion shattered through the air, and colours shot helplessly into the sky before fading into the void. The observatory ripped itself apart, crumbling before their eyes as the shockwave sent the warriors flying with the force, hurling them to the edge of the bridge. Thor latched hold of Freyja's arm as she locked her hand around the staff of Gungnir, at the other end - hung Loki, watching her with fear in his eyes, knowing she was putting all her strength into holding him there.

But as they began to fall, a strong hand latched onto Thor's wrist.

The three of them dangled from the edge, looking down on the closing Bifrost.

The Allfather looked down at them, his powerful fist grasping his eldest son's.

The low roar of the closing Bifrost was the only sound left in that deep void of nothingness.

Loki could only search his father's face, looking for some kind of approval, some kind of redemption, but all he could see reflected back at him was nothing but disappointment and regret.

"I did it for you Father. For all of us" Loki cried out desperately, his eyes locked with Freyja's, "For you" he uttered.

Freyja's arm strained as her grip struggled on the staff. She stared back at her husband. At the hopeless look on his lovely face.

Odin shook his head slowly, "No, Loki"

The younger son stared back. All arrogance, confidence and hope leaving his expression.

"Loki" Freyja uttered, her voice strained as she fought to keep her grip on him.

He looked back at her, locking his eyes to hers.

So beautiful. So perfect - he thought. He was looking into the gaze of his universe. The woman who gave him so many blissful centuries, so much love, and above all - gave him her heart.

The heart he had lost with his.

Slowly, his hand released Gungnir.

And with one last look, he fell into the rushing torrent of Bifrost energy

"No!" Freyja screamed, thrashing against Thor's hold on her, "Please! No!"

The surge carried him away, taking the debris of the Bridge and the Observatory with it, before completely disappearing out of sight.

Sobs wracked Freyja's chest, and she found herself unable to pull herself up. They rose onto the bridge as the Allfather hoisted them, before Thor hooked an arm under her's, dragging her shaking form to safety.

Thor fell into his Father's arms, pained by the loss of his only brother.

"It's over" Odin spoke softly, an edge to his tone that told them he was also in pain.

Freyja's breath silenced, and all she could do was stare down at the place Loki had been moments before. Her body went weak. Her vision obscured by a torrent of tears. Her gravelly gasp shook her chest, before a tearing, heartbroken scream ripped from her throat. She collapsed in a heap, as grievance shot through every nerve, and a hopelessness threw her into blackness.