Chapter 10

It wouldn't be easily accurate to call when the penguins told the zoosters about what happened to the boat that ran out of gas. Misty decided that the airplane would be able to get them home. The penguins fixed up the ship while the animals waited. Misty picked up some of her stuff with Jewel by her side. When they get it done, the animals are ready to go back. As she went up to the giant baobab tree she could see her friends from the crowd. Maurice pushed through the crowd with an enormous cake to the base.

Maurice: Settle down, everybody. Be quiet! You can't leave without this!

Julien popped out of the cake.

Julian: Surprise, freaks! Shake it! Shake it. Look, I'm a lady! I'm a lady, everyone! I'm a lady! Not really! It's me, King Julien! Which of you is attracted to me? Hands up! Hey, freaks! You will be very glad to hear that I am coming with you.

Alex: Oh, no, thank you.

Julien: Yes, thank you. It's my plane! 

Misty: Really Julien? Are you sure you want to come with us?

Julien: Of course! Until I return with the spoils from the new country....Stevie will be in charge!

The lemurs fell silent, all of them focusing nervously on the small gecko Julien held.

Maurice: I don't think they like that idea so much, Julian.

Julian: What is that you saying, Stevie? No. Could we? No, you didn't say that! How is that even possible? Naughty little thing! Stevie says... Let them eat cake!

The lemurs cheered. Then Mort rushed out of the elevator pulling out a suitcase.

Mort: King Julien, wait for me! I'm all packed! I have a whole itinerary planned!

Julian: Oh, no! It's Mort! He's so annoying! Don't let him on. Stop that thing! He's carrying scissors and hand cream!

He hopped out of the cake and scrambled up the airplane stairs.

Julien: Everybody in! Quickly, get in, get in! Get in quick!

Inside the plane, the four penguins prepared for takeoff.

Skipper: Struts.

Kowalski: Check.

Skipper: Flaps.

Kowalski: Check.

Skipper:Engine.

Kowalski: Check:

Skipper: Coffee maker.

Kowalski: Check.

Mort continued on trying to to get to the plane.

Mort: You guys!

Julien shut the door on him as the mouse lemur can enter.

Julien: Oopsie-daisy!

Skipper: That has to be the second biggest slingshot I've ever seen. But It's gonna have to do. Attention. This is your captain speaking.

Misty and the other animal had gotten on the plane. Two humanoid British champs named Mason and Phil were already in their seats. Behind them, the zoosters and Misty settled down in their seats. Ignoring the dirt webs and skeletons, Misty held onto Jewel carefully.

Private: In the event of an emergency, place the vest over your head.

Misty: Okay. Got it.

Gloria: New York City, here we come!

Skipper: Pray to your personal God this hunk of junk flies.

Alex: Personal God, hunk? What?

Kowalski peered down at the control panel from his co-pilot seat. He flipped on a switch and the engines roared to life.