Chapter 7

Misty and her friends trudged back to the beach. Everywhere Misty looked, the drama of predator and prey was being played out. A Venus flytrap shut over a helpless fly. A small mouse, racing through the underbrush was eaten by a snake, which in turn was devoured by a hawk, and a crocodile ate a small duck. The other humanoids trip over some rocks and a few branches. Mud had splattered all over their clothes and some scratches are left on their body. They knew why this place is dangerous.  It was a place where lions and zebras couldn't be friends. 

This isn't how the wild was supposed to be, Marty thought. I was so wrong about everything. My dream of the wild was a fantasy. Because of me, everything was ruined.

Marty: What have I done? This is a nightmare! And it's all my fault. Now, because of me, we've lost Alex.

Melman: What are we going to do?

Gloria: We're gonna find a way to help him. That's what we'll do.

Melman: Oh! OK.

Misty: I'm not getting the point of this. Remember Alex trying to eat you guys, he's too dangerous.

Gloria: Come on, we are New Yorkers, right?

Marty: Yeah.

Gloria: We're tough. We're gritty.

Marty: Yeah!

Gloria: We're adaptable!

Marty: Yeah!!

Gloria: And we are not going to lay down like a bunch of Melmans!

Melman: No, we're not.

Misty: How can we get the hungry lion back?

Her voice broke her thoughts when she heard a giant horn.

Melman: Oh. Gloria.

Gloria: That was not me, OK? That was the boat. The boat!

Misty turned her head and saw what she had heard. It's a real boat, she thought.

Marty: The boat? The boat's come back for us! Come on, guys, we got to flag it down.

Misty: Come on, Jewel!

Misty and Jewel begin to follow them. When they arrived at the beach, they were just in time to see their ship past the island. Misty peered over and saw it.

Marty: There it is!

Melman: Hey, over here!

Gloria: Over here!

Marty: Over here! Over here! Yo! Yo! Yo!

Gloria and Marty scrambled on top of Melman.

Gloria: Melman, give me a lift. Hurry up! Lift me up!

Marty: Help! Help! Help!

Melman: Oh, my neck. My neck. My neck. You guys. Over here!

When Misty saw it, she waved her arms again. Melman was staggering, trying to keep his footing. As he stumbled around. Misty, Gloria and Marty lost their hold and came crashing down on the beach.

Gloria: Look! It's turning! It's coming back!

Melman: Yes, you guys!

Misty cheered happily before Marty wrapped Misty up and all four fell into a heap on the beach. Misty yelped.

Misty: Wha wha? What are you all doing?

Gloria: Don't you ever get hugged by a mammal like us?

Misty blushed for a moment.

Misty: No..It's kinda weird that I am not used to being around large animal folk like you.

Melman: But you're one of us now.

Marty turned and looked back into the jungle.

Marty: You guys flag down that boat. I'll go get Alex.

Gloria: Whoa! Hold on there. You cannot go back there by yourself.

Marty: Aw, come on. I know Alex. He hears we're rescued, he'll snap right out of it.

Melman: The people are coming. They can help us.

Gloria: Melman's right. The people will know what to do. Now, come on. We got to flag down that boat.

Misty continued on looking back into the jungle.

Gloria: Misty? You okay?

Misty: I can't leave without Alex.

Melman: But Misty, he tried to eat you.

Misty: I think I should try and tame him. I knew Alex always loved to eat but I care even more about him.

Marty: You don't even know where he is.

Misty: In Fossa Territory. That's where Alex was heading to.

Suddenly, they saw that boat was already here. An anchor dropped down from the deck and hit the sand with a thud. One by one, four penguins slid down after it. They are humanoid penguins. Each of them wore agent clothing like a spy. One of them wore glasses on his face while the other wore a sailor's outfit. The last one wore a red bandana with war clothing on. They admire the beach with astonishment.

Skipper: Now, this is more like it.

Gloria: You?! Oh, ma... Where are the people?

Skipper: We killed them and ate their livers.

Gloria looks shocked for a moment.

Skipper: Got you, didn't I? Just kidding, doll, the people are fine. They're on a slow lifeboat to China. Hey, I know you two. Where's that psychotic lion and our monochromatic friend?

Melman: Marty? He's right-

For a moment, they turned around but Marty wasn't there.

Melman: Where did he go? He was right behind us.

Misty: Marty? Marty!

Gloria: (groans) He went back for Alex. He's going to get himself killed!

Skipper: Well, boys, our monochromatic friend's in danger. Looks like we have a job to do. Captain's log: Embarking into hostile environment. Kowalski. We'll need to win hearts and the minds of the natives. Rico. We'll need special tactical equipment. We're gonna face extreme peril. Private probably won't survive.

Misty gulped as her tail swayed a beat.

Misty: I don't know what would Alex do to him but it must be terrifying,

The lead penguin humanoid, Skipper looked at Misty for a moment.

Skipper: Haven't seen you here.

Misty: My name is Misty, sir.

Private: Such a lovely name for a tiger.

Skipper: Any ideas of how to save your friend?

Misty begins to check on the boat. There has to be some useful stuff in here. She looked around for anything in the crates. She found some fireworks and found some wheels. She beamed happily as she found a bigger jar cleaner than her old one. She filled it up with seawater and Jewel jumped into it. It's big enough for her to swim around and splash in. After she found the useful stuff, it was about time to save Marty.