52

Tyler comes back today, I'm excited to see him. It's been pretty boring since he's been gone, I've been going to school and applying for jobs. Nowhere has called me back yet, I mean, I guess being fired from two jobs in a row really doesn't help my case either.

I'm in class right now, but, when it ends I'm gonna go over to his place and hang out with his dogs.

I've been going over to his house everyday to take care of his dogs and hang out with them for a bit.

I'm not doing too hot in school, at the moment. I'm failing a couple of my classes and I'm probably gonna get dropped from them soon. I don't think I'm cut out for this college thing but I don't wanna end up like my parents.

Fuck it, I might drop two of my classes and pick them back up towards the end of my schooling, it might take me longer to get a degree, but I don't wanna fuck up and fail all of my classes to try to pass two of them.

I can't believe I'm halfway done with my second year old college and my sister is in her last semester of high school.

Anyway, I need to focus on this lecture.

-

I got done with class, I just pulled into Tyler's driveway and to my surprise, he's home.

I got out of my car and walked through his front door. I walk into the living room, he's laying on the couch, playing on his phone with Marshall laying on top of his feet.

The dogs realized I was here before Tyler did. I got knocked down by Gerry, Cash sat on me and Marshall attacked my face with kisses.

"Boys! Get off of her!" Tyler said, projecting his voice and clapping his hands, so the dogs would listen to him. They got off of me and Tyler helped me up off of the ground.

"I thought you weren't supposed to be home until six?" I asked.

"I decided to take a flight back before everybody else. I wanted to surprise you" he replied.

"Well, consider me surprised" I chuckled. I wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his arms around me. We held each other for a couple minutes before he let me go.

"What do you want for your late birthday dinner?" He asked.

"You don't have to do anything for me, it isn't a big deal" I told him.

"Yes, it is" he shot back. I rolled my eyes.

"It was just another day, no need to try to make it up to me" I replied.

"Chloe, quit being stubborn, just because your family doesn't celebrate birthdays doesn't mean I'm not gonna celebrate it. You're special and you deserve to be celebrated." He told me.

"Fine, but, you pick the place." I told him.

"Okay, dress nice, I'll pick you up in two hours" he stated.

"How nice?" I asked.

"Wear your nicest dress" he told me. Oh dear.

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit" I told him. I gave him another hug and he kissed the top of my head.

I walked out the door and to my car to head back home.

-

I'm now waiting for Tyler to pick me up, I'm wearing a navy blue dress that comes down to my knees, the upper part of the dress had a beautiful lace job and the bottom part of it had a few layers of a sheer material, it was a  really pretty dress. I considered it to he one of my nicest dresses, I wore it to homecoming my senior year.

Anyway- I'm rambling again. I'm also wearing white heels, a pair of diamond earrings and my hair was curled. I had to rush to do all of this and I feel so out of my element being all dressed up. Tyler likes to dress up and look nice but I'm the exact opposite, I'll wear a t-shirt and leggings literally everywhere.

"Chloe! Your boy toy is here!" My sister shouted. I rolled my eyes and came out of my room to see Tyler standing in the living room.

"You look- wow..." he stated, shocked by how I look.

"Do I look okay?" I asked.

"You look absolutely breathtaking" he replied.

"You don't look too bad yourself" I chuckled, giving him a hug.

"Where are you kids off to all dressed up?" My dad asked.

"I am taking your daughter out for her birthday" Tyler replied.

"I thought your birthday wasn't until February?" My dad asked. My sister and I just looked at each other.

"Sir, her birthday was four days ago" Tyler told him.

"I'm sure I would have remembered if her birthday just happened" my dad replied.

"Dad, you've never celebrated our birthdays" my sister reminded.

"Oh... oops. Anyway, you kids have fun, but not too much fun" he shrugged.

Tyler and I walked out of the house and to his car.

"That... was something" Tyler nervously chuckled as we got into his car.

"Tell me about it" I mumbled.

"Don't let him ruin our night, we're gonna have an amazing time" he assured me. I smiled at him.

-

We got to the restaurant and it was really nice. I'm afraid to see the prices and seeing as it's a steakhouse, makes me even more afraid to see the prices.

We got seated and handed our menus.

"Shit. I forgot that you're not twenty-one, they don't offer non-alcoholic drinks here. We can go somewhere else if you want" Tyler told me, feeling horrible.

"No, no, it's fine. I may not he twenty-one but Wendy MacFarlane is" I replied, pulling out my fake ID.

"Nobody is gonna believe your name is actually Wendy, that's an old lady's name" he chuckled.

"This thing hasn't failed me yet. It's gotten me into a lot of clubs" I stated.

"I'll believe it when I see it" he replied. I chuckled. I opened the menu and my heart dropped into my stomach when I saw the prices.

"Tyler, I can't afford this." I told him.

"I can. I wanted to take you out, I'm paying, plus, this is your birthday dinner, so I'm not gonna let you even pull your card out. Order whatever you want, don't pay attention to the price" he told me. I still felt uncomfortable, the nicest restaurant I've been to is Olive Garden and I still felt they were a little expensive.

I sighed and looked over the menu, trying not to pay attention to the prices.

-

We've eaten our food and drank our wine, the food was amazing. Tyler just paid the check, I don't know how much it ended up being, he wouldn't let me look at the total.

We got out to the car and sat in silence for a moment.

"Thank you for dinner, Ty" I smiled.

"It's not a problem, is there anything you would like to do?" He asked.

"No, spending time with you is enough" I replied.

"We can go back to my place and hang out for a bit" he suggested.

"I'd love that" I smiled. He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

I really do like spending time with him. This is the best late birthday I've had.

-

Two updates in one day because I'm bored. How are you guys feeling about their friendship?

-bri