We all nod in unison. 

"Great." His blunt word feels like a finality. 

A few minutes later the door swings open and a frazzled Percy enters. 

"dad I got your text I-" Her eyes scan the seven football players sitting at the table, then move to the pizza box in the middle. 

"I was right." She whispers almost to her self.

"Sit." her dad says and she takes the seat beside him and next to me. 

She smells like fruit and flowers, her hair is up in some kind of messy bun, I don't think that was on purpose though, and she's dressed like the weather isn't eighty degrees outside. 

I also notice she has a duffle bag with her. 

Leaning in I whisper into her ear, "You got a dead body in there?"

She jumps, "What?"

I nod towards the bag and she nods, "Oh yeah, it's the body of the guy who took my virginity. Dad makes me lug him everywhere." I snicker and her dads voice makes my attention avert to the man in a polo shirt and baseball cap.

"Seph I want you to meet my star players."

He introduces each of us and the position we play. 

Percy nods her head but I think she's tuning him out. 

"I want you to remember all of their faces because I dont want you or Peyton anywhere near them."

"Peyton?" Ridge blurts. Like I said, a dog with a goddamn bone. 

Percy smiles, "My best friend and she's off limits."

"Who says?" Ridge challenges as if Coach didn't just say her name.

"Her boyfriend." She says but I don't miss the venom in her voice as she says that. 

Ridge smirks, "Boyfriends have never stopped me, Brookes either for that matter."

I groan, leaning back in my seat. Of course he would go there. 

"I know how you guys work." coach says and I know he's talking about how most players dont have relationships. 

It's a mix of reasons really, I mean who has time with football and school? Not only that but we are only in college, we have our whole lives to settle down. 

The only one besides Mile that's pro relationships is K.J.

He has a girlfriend Mila, they're long distance and I guess doing well. 

Tanner's got a girlfriend too but he and Kylie aren't really that serious.

"Now remember what I said earlier." He points at all of us before opening the top pizza box. 

"Ok dig in I used my coupon for this."

We all grab slices besides Seph who looks impatient. 

"Got a hot date?" I ask and her brows pinch together so I elaborate, "You look ready to bolt."

"I just have something but it's ok." She says but clearly whatever it is means something to her. 

I remember when I told her about coaches plan to have it on a Wednesday she seemed like it was an inconvenience for her. Still she clearly didn't say anything because Coach kept it for today.

I hand her a slice, "Might as well eat then."

She takes the slice of pizza and I grab a new one from the box for myself.