"You never told us," George started, clearly fed up with the direction this conversation was going. "What're you two doing here anyway?" Fred added to his brother's statement.

"We're here for Harry, of course, to support him during the third task," Mrs. Weasley said, beaming at Harry, who was displaying a hybrid expression of gratitude and discomfort.

While Fiona would not have been the least bit surprised if the Harry Potter had received special treatment in the form of loved ones, she had a suspicion this was not a case of Dumbledore's favoritism.

"Mrs. Weasley, are my parents here for Cedric?" She asked.

"Oh yes, of course! Your father wouldn't miss this for the world," Fiona could hear a slight tinge of resentment in her voice. Fiona had no doubt her father had said something discouraging about Harry to her.

Fiona quickly leapt from her seat, causing a stir amongst the Gryffindor table. "I'm sorry! I need to go," she eagerly announced. She felt a hand gentle hand on her arm, preventing her from departing.

"We'll see you in Defense Against the Dark Arts, yeah?" Fred said before pecking a kiss on her cheek. At the table, Mrs. Weasley cooed excitedly.

With a smile, Fiona nodded and left the table.

Listening to the wave of sounds surrounding her, she navigated her way towards the Hufflepuff table. She kept alert, listening for a familiar voice as she walked toward the table.

At the Hufflepuff table, Malcolm noticed her approaching and notified Cedric. Cedric turned to watch his sister making her way down the table. Excitedly, he jumped from the table to retrieve his sister. "Fiona!" He said before gently grabbing her upper arm. "I have a surprise!"

"I know! Mum and dad!" Fiona squealed, her voice trembled with excitement.

Because neither of the Diggory siblings had gone home over the Christmas holiday, this term had been the longest stretch Fiona had been apart from her parents. They, her mom, in particular, had written to her weekly, but letters were no substitute for the real thing.

"Mum!" She exclaimed as Cedric placed her hand on their mother's shoulder. Anna Diggory spun around instantly and engulfed her daughter in a hug. Amos stood beside them chuckling with his hand placed on Fiona's back. As her mother pulled away, her father quickly swept her into his arms.

"Oh, our little FeeFee," her mother gushed as she guided Fiona into a seat.

"Where have you been? Alfie and Malcolm returned from their exam ages ago," her mother asked as she brushed Fiona's hair behind her ear.

"How were the exams?" Cho asked from across the table.

Fiona was somewhat startled to hear Cho's voice. Cedric had introduced her to their parents, it seemed. "They weren't bad, I think I did really well."

"Well of course you did!" Her father's voice boomed over the students. "We raised two champions, didn't we, Anna?"

Fiona's heart swelled. She loved her parents with all her heart, but they never placed her in the same category as Cedric. This was a new, albeit appreciated, development.

"Fiona, are you using your cane?" Her mother asked while glancing around Fiona. "You really should use it to help you get around the castle, especially when Cedric isn't around to make sure you get around on time."

There it is.

Fiona couldn't help but interpret her mother's words in a condescending way. She knew her mother couldn't possibly mean it that way, but regardless, it irked Fiona more than she cared to admit.