————-
Alpha took a drag of his cigarette as he walked home. He was beyond annoyed. Not only did his youngest brother bother him during an important meeting he was now refusing to pick up the phone. Being the oldest had many advantages but this wasn't one of them. Not only that, apparently Beta, his silly excuse of a brother, was in trouble. The day those two were born was the day Alpha's life became harder than necessary. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.

Alpha threw down the cigarette and stomped it with his feet before throwing open his apartment door and letting out a groan.

"Charlie, where are you? I need you."

His clumsy fiancé stumbled into the living from their bedroom. Alpha has explained to him over and over again to move slowly because of his weaker spatial awareness with having one eye. Somehow, he always seemed to forget - especially when it came to responding to Alpha's call.

"A-alpha are you ok?!"

Charlie stepped over and helped Alpha take his suit jacket off.

"I'm perfect like always, Charles. It is my brother's again causing issues. I have too much going on and I don't have time for their shenanigans."

When the jacket was off Alpha embraced Charlie, exhaling into his neck. He felt his hair get brushed.

"O-oh what happened?"

"Senpai called me during one of my very important meetings to talk about Beta. Apparently, he got himself in trouble and he was on the news."

"W-what t-the heck!?"

"Exactly, what the hell? Why does Beta have to do this to us?"

"B-but, is Beta ok?"

"I don't know and I don't care. Charlie, we have so many things to plan! This isn't something that should be my concern. I swear ever since dad died he has been like this. I don't understand why he can't just get over it."

He heard Charlie let out a sigh.

"Alpha, that was so cold and rude."

Alpha paused at those words. His partner was right. Like always, he needed Charlie to call him out on his assholeness. He loved his dad and he missed him but as soon as his funeral was over, Alpha just had the drive to move on and continue to be the best that he could be. It is what his dad told him to do. People die every day, it is a part of life. Beta wasn't him though, he was always more emotional.

"I'm sorry Charles... It is just hard for me to understand."

"I know Alpha. Maybe you should call him? It is hard being the younger brother."

Alpha nodded his head. Charlie was the youngest himself to two older brothers. He couldn't understand what that was like but he could see what he was getting at. Alpha gave him a quick peck on the lips before pulling away.

"Maybe. I'm going to shower, I feel absolutely disgusting."

"Oh, ok... W-when you get out I have dinner ready."

"Tofu again?"

"Yeah!"

Alpha flashed a smile.

"Thank you, hon."

As Alpha made his way to the bathroom, he scrolled through his contacts and stopped at Beta's number. He couldn't even remember the last time they talked with each other. It was so hard to talk to each other.

He thought about pressing it but then stopped himself. This would be pointless for both of them. He didn't care about his fiancé's advice. His own life was too important to get involved with this. Plus, he knew for a fact that Senpai was probably doing something drastic already.