I waited for pain.

I waited for the torture.

The beatings.

Something.

"What's the emergency Nat..." Bucky asked as he raced into my room. That's when he spied us. "SHIT! Doll? Doll? Can you hear me?"

I felt myself being pulled from the ground, then arms wrapping around me.

"Doll...it's me. It's Bucky. You're ok, I've got you. You're safe. You're at the compound, don't let them do it Doll. C'mon you're stronger than this..." He murmured to me while he stroked my back, gently rocking us.

That voice?

I knew that voice...

Bucky.

He...he wasn't there. So I couldn't be there...Right?

My sobs began to slowly subside as he held me tight to his body, "That's it Doll, you've got this. Keep listening to me....come on back to us now. I don't need Steve kicking my ass because we are late for training. He will make my life hell and you know it."

That pulled a little chuckle from me, as I began to regain reality again and control my breathing, slowly I opened my eyes. Slowly looking up to find Bucky smiling down at me.

"Hi beautiful." He breathed, reaching carefully to wipe the last few tears from my face.

I leant into his touch, sighing.

"You ok?" Nat questioned, I looked over to her and nodded weakly.

My throat felt tight and dry but I managed to croak out, "Yeah, sorry guys."

"You don't need to be sorry, we were wondering when it would hit you if I'm honest." Nat looked from me to Bucky. "Is this the first time it's happened?"

I looked up at him and his jaw was locked tight as he stared at Nat. I leant my head in against his chest, "it's the first time it's happened during the day. Normally it has been bad dreams at night. Memories of it. Sometimes panic attacks. Loki normally helped me though, he would make them go away. Comfort me afterwards. I didn't want to tell anyone else. We all have enough on our plates with Asgard, I didn't want to burden anyone with it. I...I thought I had maybe got lucky and escaped it when Eir saved me. That I was over it, but...clearly I was wrong."

"Y/N?" Loki's voice sounded from outside my door, then he popped his head in to find me in Bucky's lap, with Nat sitting in front of us. How long had he been out there? Or how much had he heard?

Quickly he made his way over towards us, "Darling are you ok?" He looked worried, or perhaps it was guilt.

I could feel Bucky's whole body tense below me, I looked up at Loki and nodded, "Yeah, panic attack but I'm fine. Thank you."

Darling...is...is this because of earlier?

No...I...I don't know. Maybe? It's ok it's done now. These two helped me.

He watched me for a moment and I could see the worry in his eyes. I slowly stood up. Feeling dizzy. His cool hands gently steadied me as I swayed. We stared at each other and I felt tears threatening in my eyes again. As I went to open my mouth to speak, he bowed his head, seemingly dismissing continuing the conversation. Instead he looked at Nat, "Very well, ah Lady Natasha, may I speak to you outside please briefly?" His hands dropped from my arms.

Nat looked surprised but nodded, lifting herself up off the ground with ease and following him outside, closing the door behind her. I shifted about to follow them. I heard Bucky pull himself up off the ground, he appeared in front of me leaning in and placing a kiss on my forehead.