Chapter 5 - Hermes

Chapter 5 - Hermes.

“Well let’s hope it’s as successful as the first,” Hollie said.

“Well with that line: ‘finish the quest before it’s begun’, I think if I went on the quest, I’d feel quite annoyed that it was for absolutely no reason at all,” Jay groaned.

“Well, the taxi is here now so we can get ready.” Broudie pointed out the taxi that sped up behind them.

The other four ring bearers exited the gold car to meet them.

“Not long to go now guys,” Amy said.

“What’s the time?” Hollie asked.

“Twelve thirty three,” Jordan replied. “Let’s just act like tourists and see what’s around.”

“Well there’s the London eye, some buildings and a very long queue,” Broudie joked.

“How about the sea life centre, we could have a quick dart around there?”  Hollie suggested.

“Trust you. I bet Jordan will be asking to go up the London eye next,” Jay laughed as the twelve ring bearers leisurely strolled over to the sea world sign that was pasted above a stone bridge.

They walked under the sign with many other tourists, all zipped up. There was a medium sized queue going into the sea life centre and the twelve ring bearers ignored the queue and walked straight past all the people.

“So how are we getting past these people then?” Lochlan asked.

“I got a V.I.P pass,” Amy smiled as two people stormed up to stop them in their tracks.

“What do you think you’re doing, you have to queue for a ticket, you can’t just barge in here without paying,” the stubbier man grunted.

“We’re from outer London, we have just won the hundredth anniversary street dance world cup. Pass is here, if you got any queries phone the number at the bottom, thank you for your time.” Amy confidently pushed the two people out of the way, who were both staring at the card in the thinner person’s hand.

Liam put on a proud face and stormed pass the two men just like everyone else.

Amy led the way into the start of the sea world trail. As soon as they got through the doors and far enough away from the two guards, all the twelve ring bearers turned to face each other and burst into a fit of laughter.

“V.I.P pass, where d’you get that from?” Hollie asked.

“Jay’s idea, he made it himself.”

“Well I wouldn’t say a bit of paper was my best invention but sure, I made it,” Jay smiled.

Liam laughed, he had seen pictures of Jay’s workshop for he could not see inside, and thought how great it was. He had seen the work Jay had done and was very impressed with his attention to detail and glossy finish on everything.

“So I think I’ll give you a guided tour,” Hollie told.

“Guided tour?” Broudie questioned.

“Yes a tour that is guided,” Hollie revealed sarcastically.

“Sure,” Claire agreed.

That was probably the worst thing Claire could have said. The fact that it was a boring sea world with stupid fish doing nothing but gape at you was bad enough, but having Hollie telling you the fish names and their habits, that just strangely appeared in her head, made it worse. Plus the fact that they had to pretend they were interested, whereas the only thing Liam wanted to see was the penguins and maybe the rays.