~*~

Numbness was a feeling I was used to. I was completely numb as I arranged flowers around his grave. As tears streamed down my face, I gasped for air. As I struggled to run back to his grave when I was told it was time to get ready.

I was almost like a robot as I walked where I was instructed, sat still as I was prepared, lifted my arms up as they slid the dress on. Tears were brought to my eyes as they put another daisy crown on my head, it looked identical to the one I wore on the day that it was announced that they were moving here.

I stared out into the emptiness as I was guided into the carriage. The carriage was pulled by two beautiful Friesian horses. My father was the only one in the carriage and no matter how many times I asked him who I was to be married to he would respond the same way, "Someone that will make you the happiest queen of all" which I highly doubted, I was drowning in sadness and loss. Honestly, I couldn't care less who I married. The carriage stopped and I got out, my father leading me, letting me hold on to him as I struggled to walk in heels. Whoever made me wear heels was secretly plotting my death, I swear. The crowd gasped at my appearance, either they saw me flailing around in heels or I looked good, whichever one it was. I couldn't care less, as I plastered a fake smile on my face. I looked up from the ground for a split second and I was stumbling instantly. Without a thought, I kicked off my high heels that were like a good six inches of death.

I looked up and I could have sworn I saw the face of Alic as the person I was to marry. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the figure again.

"Father, I think I need glasses," I told him truthfully.

"I think your eyesight is perfectly fine," he said with a genuine smile across his face.

"No way '' I gasped, drawing even more attention, as I pulled up my dress as much as I could, stumbling all the way to the altar. I pulled Alic into a hug, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"No you may not kiss the bride yet," The marriage officiant said. As I laughed, joy-filled my voice.

"I thought you were dead, you idiot," I said suffocating him in another hug.

"I am," he responded.

The horror on my face must have been plain as day, as he erupted into fits of laughter. Holding his stomach as he managed to say over his peals of laughter, "Your face, I cannot believe you believed me"

~*~
Until next time, don't forget to vote :)