Chapter 7: A Pretty boy

Start from the beginning

He had the charm to make people safe in his presence. And maybe that's why I've been hanging out with him in his shop almost every day. Seeking security and assurance from others since my parents won't do that for me.

I was jealous.

I envied his siblings for having him as their brother. Shinichiro-san wanted me to meet them, but of course, I always declined. I feel ashamed for feeling jealous of kids that I haven't even met yet.

Is it wrong to want something for yourself?
Maybe, maybe not.

Keisuke was the brightest light I've ever come close to. He was always near yet unreachable, or maybe it's because I never tried to reach him.

My eyes would always linger on his smile, then my head would wonder how someone could be so bright and comforting. Keisuke is my dearest friend, whom I will forever cherish in my heart.

I smiled bitterly, my movements momentarily coming to a stop. The past cannot be changed yet it won't also be forgotten.

Unfortunately for me,

I have no recollection of his appearance. I couldn't remember anything except his annoying smile and voice, no matter how hard I tried.

Beep! Beep!

I peered at the edge of the baton, it looked like I found the screw. " Oi Shinichiro-san, I found 'em "

I glanced in his direction. Talking with someone by the counter and eating the onigiri that Sui had prepared earlier. Sigh.

"— Great! " I heard him say loudly, his mouth full of food. Is he talking about the food or the person in front of him?

I walked towards him, making sure the baton was not hitting anything. " Shinichiro-san, I found it, please try not to lose it again," I said, handing him the little screws that I picked earlier.

The boy that he was talking with looked at me, his dark emerald eyes meeting mine. The color of his hair made them stand out, though his face was neutral.

Pretty. I thought.

" Oh inui, this is Kiyoko. Kiyoko-chan this is inui " He introduced, gesturing with his free hand.

The 'inui' boy looked really pretty despite his resting bitch face. The burn mark on the left side of his face intrigued me, somehow. He looked familiar...

We didn't say anything to each other for a moment, he's probably judging whether I'm a threat or not.

His sunflower-shaded hair looked so soft, reminding me of a cat's fur. Would it be as soft as feather pillows if I tread my hands in his hair? Would he even let me touch his fluffy-looking soft hair?.

" You're really pretty, are you a model or something? " I plainly said. Frankly, I'm surprised that I said something, his pretty face left me starstruck.

His neutral face faltered, a blooming color of roses painting his porcelain-like cheeks to the tips of his ears, eyes blown wide with his mouth partially agape. Woah, he looked even prettier.

Meanwhile, Shinichiro-san choked on his onigiri, staring at me like I said something dumb. Oh, is this inui boy perhaps offended that I called him pretty instead of cool or handsome since he's a guy?

" T-thanks...? " Inui-san stammered, looking away from me momentarily. I exhaled a breath of relief, he didn't seem to be offended.

" Kiyoko-chan, don't tell me you—!! " Shinichiro-san pointed an accusing finger at me, a look of disbelief on his face.