28 : no response

"Jungwon, I'm back from school. It was so boring. Everything just becomes so boring without you."
Hwayoung sighed as she placed her bag down onto the floor.

"I'm not going to do my homework. Aren't I a bad girl?"
Hwayoung gushed at herself.

No response...

"Whatever, I'm just being lazy." Hwayoung leaned in and placed her arms on the table, facing her head at Jungwon's face from the side.

"Jungwon ah, I'm suddenly craving for salted caramel ice cream! Do you want to get some? Your favourite flavour? Mother is an alien? Weird ass name but, it tastes good."
Hwayoung asked.

No response...

"Tsk... Seems like, after all, I'm not the lazy one. It's you! You don't even want to answer such simple questions of mine." Hwayoung huffed and pouted her lips.

It has been two super long weeks for Hwayoung.

Every day, without fail, she will come to the hospital and accompany Jungwon for the rest of the day.

She did not even take good care of herself.

If it was not because for Sunoo, she would have already fainted a long time ago.

Jake was now back in Australia as his father started to threaten him with power.

Jake was already considered fortunate to be able to sneak out of Australia for a week when Jungwon got into an accident.

Knowing how terrible and cunning his father could get, he had no choice but, to head back to Australia.

Sunoo felt pity for her hence, he provided Hwayoung with basic services like food and water.

Hwayoung used to be one of the top students now...

She was one of the worst students, often latecomers and the weakest person in her school.

Sihyo came back and only visited Jungwon when Hwayoung was not there.

Ever since that day of the accident, Sihyo hated Hwayoung.

She was the one who caused Jungwon's 'death'.

If she did not tell Jungwon to buy flowers, he would not be in this state and suffer from such pain.

If she did not agree to Jake's invitation, none of this would have happened.

If she did not even like him and treated him like a normal patient from the start, Jungwon would be well and conscious.

This was all her fault.

"Yah, Yang Jungwon, I admit everything's my fault. I'm the cause for all this pain for you. Can you don't forgive me?"
Hwayoung asked.

No response...

"Woah, someone trying to act tough, huh! Want to be the perfect prince that forgives the evil princess?"
Hwayoung scoffed but, a tear escaped from her eye and dripped onto Jungwon's hand.

Don't cry, Hwayoung...

Don't cry...

Hwayoung... please...

"I'm bored. Let's look through my school bag!"
Hwayoung picked her bag up and placed it on her lap.

"Maths... Tsk, boring. English? Nah... Science... Fuck it..."

Hwayoung just went on and on until she realised that there was nothing more left.

Everything just became dull.

{{ }}

"Jungwon, I'm back again! How are you feeling right now?"
Hwayoung greeted as she placed down her bag at the same spot.

Still no response.

"Yah, Yang Jungwon! When I open my eyes, you better be wide awake! If not, Hwayoungie is going to get mad! Like real mad!"
Hwayoung threatened and covered her eyes with her palms.

"Three... Two... One... Jungwon!" Hwayoung blinked and opened her eyes, only to see Jungwon still lying on the bed, unmoving.

Tears instantly welled up in her eyes.

It has already been a month ever since Jungwon got unconscious that day.

"11 January 2022, Tuesday..."
She read out the calendar.

"Never mind, let's try that again! You are very fortunate that Hwayoungie is in a good mood today and she will be patient with you!"