XI.

⊱ ────── {

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"The contestants are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results."

Midnight stole the spotlight from present Mic, the screen changed from showing all of us to showing the score. "The first game for the first‐years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we? Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine. Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!" She spun around and faced the crowd. "Let's see what we have
in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture.Prepare yourselves...for this!"

Sero whipped his hands off on his uniform before asking, "Cavalry battle? I'm terrible at those."

"Team building...."

"Looks like you gotta work with others Y/N."

"Hahaha, funny joke."

"I wonder how they'll split us up."

Midnight dragged our attention back to her, "Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two‐to‐four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course. I get it, a point‐based system like the entrance exams. That seems pretty simple. So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it." The screen changed as it had a demonstration of the obstacle course. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten. And the point value assigned to the contestant is...ten million!"

"What?! Ten million?! I feel bad for the person in the first place." Sero snickered and poked at my side.

"Too bad it's Midoriya..."

"You're kidding.."

"Do you see him shaking? He's practically going to shit himself any moment now."

Mei walked up next to us with another classmate, "In other words, if you take down his team..."

"You'll win the Cavalry Game and take the lead yourself. That's right. It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top." The green haired girl engulfed her hands terrified. "I'm kinda bummed I didn't make it, something tripped me and got tangled with me and I couldn't make it..."

"Something tripped you?" Sero asked, eyeing me.

"It was cold and hard, nothing like my warm plants..."