It made me wonder just what kind of things she was expecting from me during our early days.

I drew in a deep breath, the ache of her absence reawakening.

She comes back tomorrow...

I looked back to Nico, the wide-eyed look he heald was not one I saw on him very often.

I nearly panicked, thinking that I may have said too much.

I know my thought process concerning these things wasn't a common one, but with the alcohol, it just slipped out.

"You have a point," He ended up saying.

"Wha- I mean... Really?" I was shocked to hear him agree with me, "Is Khloe the same way? I know you took her to the ball and all that."

He took a drink. A very long one.

"Khloe is... Yeah kind of like that. She was actually a rogue, so her upbringing was a bit different. Her life after she got forced into this is one was anything but pleasant, but she eventually opened up."

He cleared his throat and lifted his drink until it was gone.

Well, it was nice to hear that we were somewhat on the same page, but I don't think he knew how much deeper mine was for Doe.

I don't think even I knew.

There were just some things I was trying to ignore and disregard the second they appeared out of respect for her.

After all I've put her through... I didn't have a right to even have her in my mind for longer than a minute.

We were friends, and I didn't even find myself worthy of that title.

Which I why I came up with some... plans that would help her live her life the way she should.

I slumped, staring at the ice floating in my cup.

"I hope they're alright out there. I know it can get rough over there." I muttered.

Nico blew out a long breath, "They should be fine. Doe's done it before, and Khloe's got some percautions."

I noticed the waver in his normal, confident way of speaking.

Seemed none of us were happy about this event.

But thank god that it was almost over.

~~~

Doe's POV:

The sun stung my eyes as it reflected off of the snow, the vampires yelling at each other and at us to hurry up so we could all go home.

I didn't sleep great last night, and one look at Khloe told me that she didn't sleep at all.

Probably out of precaution, but either way I felt bad.

The cold nipped at the exposed skin of my back thanks to my shredded-up shirt and thus helped it reach the rest of my body.

Though I will admit, the lashes did feel better than I was expecting them to.

Still painful and irritating, but better nonetheless.

I looked up again once my eyes adjusted to the light around me, stopping the carts we arrived in.

I was just one, awful ride away from that blanket I loved so much.

And the vampire that wouldn't leave me alone this whole trip.

Though... I guess I'll be happy to see him again too.