Smiley Man :)

I had finally finished my art piece for the National Gallery of Art. I called it the Smiley Man. Depicting a creepy portrait of a man in his mid 50's. At the time I thought this was gonna be the best opportunity to get my work out there to the world. But I was mistakenly wrong, more wrong than I could ever predict. It all started out after I got the glossy coating over my painted portrait. Odd things started happening. It was like the painting was staring at me and constantly watching me. It held a creepy aura around it. I was proud of myself for making something so off-putting that it actually gave me chills.

     I set it in the back of my car and head over to the National Gallery of Art. When I made it, I grabbed it out of my car and gave it to the front desk. I watched as the desk lady places it on an empty wall. I thought to myself finally people will see my art in its glory. The lady came back and told me how well I did and how it gave her a creepy vibe. I told her thank you and headed back home. When I got home, I fell asleep happy knowing that my art was going to be shown to the whole world on the news next month.

     I woke up and grabbed myself some coffee and turned the TV on and checked the news. My eyes dropped, it was the desk lady, she was reported murdered. According to the news she was killed in her sleep. The news reported that she had a forced smile on her face. The picture they showed still creeps me out, her face was malformed into a huge forceful smile. Her eyes were wide open. I dropped my coffee, it looked exactly like the painting that I turned in yesterday. It couldn't have been a coincidence. I thought I was going crazy, I calmed myself and decided to draw to get my mind off it.

     The next couple of days there were reports of more murders each with the exact same smiling expression. I wasn't convinced that it was my art piece till the police found out everyone that was murdered had been to the National Gallery of Art the day before. As soon as I found out I grabbed my keys and drove as quick as I possibly could to the art gallery. I ran into the building and looked at my art piece. When I found it, I was speechless, it had blood coming from its eyes, mouth, and from behind the painting.

 When I found it, I was speechless, it had blood coming from its eyes, mouth, and from behind the painting

       I hesitantly asked one of the staff how long had it been like this. The staff member looked at me funny and told me there wasn't anything on it.

     I looked back at the portrait and before my eye's words written in blood were being painted on like magic. It spelled "YOUR NEXT" with a smiley face. I looked at the staff to see if he was seeing this. He just returned a weird look like I was losing my marbles. Freaking out I ran off with my painting and tried running the painting over with my car to destroy my awful creation. After I ran over it, I got out and looked at it, what I saw was a nice Pristine canvas, not one scratch was on that painting. Now I am home, I've tried everything to destroy it but nothing has worked. I have buried it where no one will find it and I am writing this to explain my death. I love you mom and I love you dad I know this doesn't make any sense but just know that I will be the last person to die from my creation. I deserve this. For making such a horrific piece.