seven

a/n:

ok so i think we all can agree calums contant defensive attitude concerning his sexuality is really annoying so this chapter should help give a little relief

chapter dedication to emily (daylightftcalum) i dont know why i havent dedicated a chapter to her yet but here i love u emily (read secrets by her its one of my favorite cake fics)

also i'm reaaallllyyy sorry if this story is boring u but dont give up on me yet !! we're finally getting somewhere ;)

-emma

-୨୧ ୨୧ ୨୧-

approximately four hours of wallowing in embarrassment later, michael had wiped out a total of thirty-two times, including the time he'd tripped over his own skate and faceplanted into a wall surrounding the rink. calum's legs had felt like jelly when he'd exited the rink, him feeling exhausted and overworked after a long duration of non-stop roller blading.

the girls, named sarah and kailoni, calum discovered, had departed from the roller dome around an hour earlier. calum had gently kissed their foreheads in a way of saying goodbye, and michael had examined the encounter from the sidelines, his heart swelling in his chest. michael didn't know if the younger boy's impact on his heart was love or just strong adoration, but the lavender-haired boy didn't mind the feeling one bit if it was reserved for calum and calum only.

calum and michael were now safe on the colorful carpet outside of the roller rink, their skates given to the woman at the counter and being awarded their regular shoes in return. calum slipped on his vans and michael clasped his black boots, the older boy turning his body to look at the younger sitting next to him on the bench.

"i guess i needed more help than i thought i did," michael revealed sheepishly and calum chuckled. the younger boy, who was trying to straighten the vans not fully on his feet, gazed up at michael from underneath his luscious eyelashes. michael's mind instantly went into hyperdrive, his thoughts switching from lighthearted to sinfuljust from that one look.

michael figured his admiration for calum's eyelashes was unhealthy. they were just so long and voluminous, in michael's opinion, and they looked so pretty against the tan boy's cheekbones when his eyes were shut.  whether calum's motives were meant to be sensual or not, he only aroused michael further by biting down on his bottom lip and stretching his back, arching his spine slightly. michael absorbed an eyeful of the tan boy's slim body, and calum just continued staring at michael, innocently blinking as if he was doing nothing wrong. michael swore under his breath; he had planned for this to be a cute date, not an "i'm-going-to-pounce-on-you-any-second" kind of date.

it didn't take long for michael to lose his self-control, him reaching to cup calum's cheek before pressing their lips together. calum was taken aback when michael captured his plump lips in a kiss; his eyes were wide in shock and his body was stationary, cherishing michael's close proximity in immobility.

the older boy moved his mouth against calum's with exceeding exertion, struggling to conjure a positive response from the younger boy. despite michael's efforts, calum remained as still as a rock, scared of expressing his love toward the older boy, afraid of showing his feelings toward any boy in general, and terrified of the thought of people judging him from afar.

it seemed like centuries passed until michael distanced their bodies, him scooting as far away from calum as possible on their shared bench and shamefully staring down at his fingers. calum was jusy utterly awestruck; he couldn't move a muscle even if he tried. the tan boy cursed himself for being disappointed when their lips detached, considering he himself was the one to blame for their unrequited contact.