three

a/n:

hi guys ive created a schedule for updates of pretty ! from now on i'll be updating this on fridays around 3pm my time

also, i really love seeing ur comments telling me how good u think a chapter is or how good u think the story is in its entirety it makes me so so happy i just wanted u guys to know that so thank u for all the lovely feedback

credit to bea (ANALKINKCTH) for the costume ideas (she isnt reading this story yet how unfortunate) and a chapter dedication for her because shes amazing in every way and makes me SO undeniably happy by just being herself & i love her with all my heart

this chapter is horribly rushed and horribly worded and just horrible in general but its neccessary for the lead up into the next chapter

one last thing .. this story has passed 2k reads already which is amazing so thank u to all of u for at least clicking on the story :)

-emma :D

-୨୧ ୨୧ ୨୧-

"halloween is today. any plans?" michael asked, plopping himself down next to calum at their regular lunch table. the younger boy jumped in surprise and sent michael a glare (which michael thought was really, really cute) and the older boy mumbled a quick apology. luke and ashton, sitting across from the two, eavesdropped skillfully, curious like a couple of cats.

the pair, meaning michael and calum, have been spending every day together for the past couple of weeks. they spent quality time at each other's houses; their activities together ranging from doing homework to playing fifa. calum has yet to tell any secrets that he's keeping hidden from michael and the older boy respects that. michael respects that calum needs time, therefore he hasn't brought up the subject in fear of seeming too needy and intrusive.

michael's hair had faded from a vibrant indigo to a muted lavender after a few days. calum much preferred the new hue; he'd choose light colors over dark colors any day. plus, he thought that shades of purple fit the season of fall more than those of blue, but he wouldn't tell michael that, since he wanted to keep michael's inquisitive nature concerning his sexuality as restricted as possible.

calum's eyes switched to ashton but michael's remained stationary, trained on calum's figure. "luke and i plan on going to nate's. i heard the party at his house tonight is gonna be pretty big," ashton spoke with a cocky smirk and a discreet dimple.

"i wasn't asking you," michael sassed. he kept his green eyes locked on calum and the younger boy blushed under the unwavering scrutiny. "but to answer your question, i'll be going to a frat party. i'm close friends with the guy who's hosting it, actually."

ashton scoffed and held a large (and i mean large) hand over his heart in mock offense. "why were we not invited to the party of this... college fellow you speak of?"

"because i'm cooler than you," michael answered simply and watched as calum cracked a timid smile. ashton rolled his eyes and departed from the table, luke resembling a lost puppy as he got up to follow him. "anyways, you have any plans, cal?"

"nope," calum said with a pout, mindlessly  stirring his straw in his chocolate milk. he watched as the brown liquid swirled around in the carton; he very much enjoyed examining the creaminess of the chocolaty substance.

"do you wanna go to the party with me? we'll have to go to the mall to pick out costumes," michael informed. he observed the smaller boy playing with his milk in fascination. he didn't understand how anyone could be so adorable, especially when he wasn't even trying to be. the unintended cuteness capability of calum truly amazed him.