one

a/n:

chapter dedicated to ella (asdfghjklellaa) because shes cute and sweet and shes an amazing writer, read electra heart by her its amazing and features feminine calum :D

featured song: ugly by nicole dollaganger

-emma

-୨୧ ୨୧ ୨୧-

anything that's beautiful, people want to break...

calum quietly sang into the bathroom mirror while covering his eyelashes in a dark coat of mascara. he sang the lyrics of a song he'd just recently listened to and instantly fell in love with. it was around 6:30 on a tuesday morning; he still had time to play dress up before he had to get ready for school.

the lyrics were true. when humans see something or someone more beautiful than themselves, their natural reaction is to destroy it. if calum ever let his guard down, acted like the genuinely kind and insecure person he was instead of an annoyingly confident one, he knew he'd be torn apart little by little. dressing like a girl in his free time was another story.

calum smiled when he was finished applying his makeup essentials. he placed all his cosmetics in his sparkly pink makeup bag which he kept hidden under his bed. he tiptoed back to his room, careful not to wake up his sister with the clashing of bottles in the relatively small container of cosmetics.

once inside his bedroom full of band posters and scattered clothes, calum walked over to his closet and removed his favorite sundress from his secret compartment of feminine clothing. he stripped of his regular pajamas and shimmied softly into the dress.

you are beautiful...

calum continued the lyrics to the song as he smiled brightly into his full-length mirror. the sundress was a pale yellow, a perfect color for spring and on the verge of summer. the tan boy wore the dress quite often the past spring and it was now autumn, october to be exact.

the simple yet pretty sundress reached just above calum's knees. calum's legs were long and clean shaven; he shaved them twice a month. he didn't need to constantly clear his legs because thankfully, he rarely ever grew hair anywhere on his body.

the dress was in size medium. calum was quite small for a teenage boy, but he liked it that way. of course, he was tall, he was about 6'1, but his build wasn't very impressive to the female eye. he infrequently strengthened his muscles, although he's played soccer and done squats for a couple years (his legs and ass were so toned because of all his time spent exercising, and he felt satisfied with that).

calum quickly twirled twice and let the soft fabric flutter out around him. he felt like a princess. his grin was wide and his eyes were shining as he gazed into his mirror, and even if no one thought he was pretty, he thought he looked utterly beautiful in that moment.

calum's smile faded as soon as he whispered the next lyric.

i'm afraid.

he was afraid. he was afraid of someone discovering his true identity. the monumental news would spread school-wide like a wildfire, no doubt. he could see it now: wannabe journalists writing an article titled, "popular player is pretty private about being pretty." calum was already terrified of the idea.

the only person who somewhat knew of calum's uncouth and untrue persona was mali. it's always been calumandmali from day one. mali has always been there for her little brother; she's always helped him with girl troubles and picked out his outfits for dates (even though calum is only attracted to men and could care less about the relationships he's had with women, mali didn't know that much).