♟Chose better♟

As soon as the front door shut, Marquis spoke, "So why your homegirl do me like that?" He asked quietly while twisting one of his locs.

"Ion know what you mean," Jaden smiled, "I'm sure she'll hit you up," She already knew her friend probably fucked and blocked him.

"Man, she ain't give a nigga no foreplay or nothin'. Just treated me like I wasn't shit."

"I mean...?" Jaden joked. "I'm kidding."

"What if I wanted more? I might've wanted to take her seriously." He alleged.

"Imma be honest, Quis, just don't sweat her. If you wanna fuck with her, just chill til she hits you up." Jaden explained.

"All them marks that nigga Des left on you, and now you here at his crib," Marquis stated, "why you ain't diss that nigga?"

Jaden brought her hand to her neck and caressed it, flustered. "I um... I don't know." She declared. "And how imma ghost a nigga that came to my own house?" She laughed loudly.

"Where yo other homegirls?" He asked laughing.

"I don't really have none. Why you askin' this. I know for a fact you get bitches. Light skinned, strong nigga with dreds? Quit playin'." She hyped him up. "And I saw you talkin to Mama at the club. I know how she gets down," Jaden smirked at him.

Now it was Marquis' turn to get flustered, "Nah, it ain't even like that." He denied.

The front door opened and Desmond and Jace walked in.

Marquis went and sat on one of the barstools quietly.

"What this nigga talkin bout?" Jace sat the food on the counter eyeing Marquis.

"Nun" Marquis answered quickly shrugging his shoulders.

Desmond walked over and sat down next to Jaden, "He lying huh?"

"You know Mama, Desmond?" Jaden inquired.

"I met her last night. Why?"

"Marquis, you know her, right?" Jaden already knew the answer, but asked anyway.

"That's that chick wit the bob right?" Jace asked. "I heard about her.."

"Mama's runs the south side, a real-life queenpin. I'm surprised all y'all don't know her. Any money coming through, that's Mama."

"So how you know her Jae?" Marquis darted his eyes at her, "Cause she sure was making it rain on you all night."

"She helped me get my shit in order when I had no one else. Mama took me in. When I turned eighteen, she helped me get into my first place. She earned the name Mama not only 'cause she got hella foster kids, but she really is a mama to anyone who needs one. She really run shit." Jaden revealed.

"So how you know her Quis?" Jace interrogated.

"Cause Mama loves her some hood niggas. She prolly wined and dined Quis right up out his boxers." Jaden cracked.

They all laughed.

"Man look, y'all ain't lived life, til you had an older woman. They just built different." Marquis retorted.

"Yeah, I bet. That's why she tryna catch up, she tryna put that thang on you again." Desmond teased.

"Mama's good people though. If you good with her, you're set." Jaden explained.

"I'll keep that in mind," Desmond said kissing Jaden on the cheek. "Quis betta quit playin' and let Mama love you."

"Shut yo ass up! So where y'all niggas goin'?" Marquis demanded.

"Antigua," Desmond told him.

"Damn, no invite?" Marquis said clutching his chest like he was hurt.

"I said baecation, nigga you ain't bae," Desmond said leaning over and kissing Jaden on the lips before getting up to make their plates.

"Yuck," Jace said making a face while piling food on a plate. "I'm goin home, but come knock on my door when y'all ready to head out tonight." He told them walking to the door.

"I'm out too. Y'all niggas have fun" Marquis grabbed a styrofoam container and checked its contents, then followed Jace out the door.

"Y'all live in the same place?" Jaden asked after the door closed.

Desmond nodded, "It's cool sometimes, except when them niggas just show up when they feel like it. It's like living in the same house low-key." He told her going over to lock the front door. "Imma take a shower," He said before walking into his bedroom.

She pulled out her phone and checked the time. Seeing it was only 2 pm, she began FaceTiming Mina.

"Hey, girl," Mina answered the call.

"Heyyy. What you up to?" Jaden stood from the couch and started pacing on her call.

"Girl, nothin'. You need a ride to work tonight?"

"Nah, I had them to take me off the schedule for a few days," Jaden told her.

"You know I got you on a ride until you get everything situated." Her friend told her.

"Oh, I'm already knowin' you got me. I appreciate you, Mina," Jaden declared.

Desmond walked back in, shirtless, and walked across the living room. He entered another door near the kitchen. Jaden got lost looking at his muscular body.

"Where you at anyway?" Jaden heard Mina ask and found her way back to their conversation.

"At Desmond's house," she confessed.

"That nigga ain't took you home yet?" She cut her eyes at the phone. Mina assumed Jaden went to Desmond's place like she had gone to Marquis'.

Desmond reappeared from the other room, hearing who Jaden was on the phone with he remarked, "Ask her why she dogged my bruh like that." He laughed.

"Uhh uhh. I ain't did nothin more than what I came to do." She smiled in the phone."And what y'all two doin' over there?"

"We gettin ready to go out of town," Jaden admitted.

"What you mean outta town?" Mina hollered into the phone.

Desmond responded opening a large cabinet that hid a washer and dryer, "I'm takin her on a lil getaway,"

Mina shook her head silently.

"Just a few days, for his birthday," Jaden explained feeling judged.

Mina rolled her eyes in the phone, "I always pick the wrong nigga out the group. I'll talk to you later though." She hung up before Jaden could say anything further.

Jaden scrunched her face and cocked her head to the side staring at the phone in confusion.

"Yo, I'm tripping. Did she really just say that?" Desmond closed the dryer and cabinet that hid it.

"I don't even know what that means. She got a whole boyfriend." Jaden confessed walking into his bedroom.

"Damnnnnn, and she out swallowin Quis' kids? Kinda shit is that?" He questioned following behind her.

Jaden flopped down on the bed. "They be cheatin' on each other. Drawin' guns on each other. It's a hood love story." Jaden laughed. "That's my girl though, so that was kinda weird."

"Don't take it personally, she prolly just mean that she regret messin' wit Quis, but shit, she wasn't gettin me, and Donte baby mama a psycho," Desmond laughed walking in and out of his large closet.

Shoulda chose better I guess.

♟️•••••♟️