Kept in check.

Mulai dari awal

Inside the bowl was shredded wheat cereal with milk and a variety of fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. It made his mouth water just looking at it. Never would he have dreamed of eating something like this. For the past few months he has been eating nothing but old bread and maybe the occasional cob of corn or potato. It was always cold though, they didn't have the luxury of having warm and fresh food.

"T-Thank you." Sam said, looking at Alastor. He didn't look back, he was busy reading a newspaper which had a headline 'Smile Killer strikes yet again; another victim found!'

The boy shifted his eyes back down to his bowl, picked up a spoonful and took a bite. It was like a rainbow on his taste buds. It's been so long since he's had real food! He misses it. Within seconds all of the cereal was already gone. He never knew how much he was hungry until that first bite touched his mouth.

That's when all of a sudden a loud metal buzzing sound came through their ears. It was the sound of a doorbell being rung.

Alastor put down his paper and stood up, adjusting his clothes and hair to look presentable. "Stay here and do not make a sound, if you would." He said before walking out of the room.

Sam thought about running out of the room and trying to ask whoever rang the doorbell for help but he decided against it. He wasn't going to risk his sister's safety. It could have just been the mailman who left letters on the porch and then left. If it was, he would only get in trouble for trying to escape when he wouldn't have been able to anyway. Maybe he should just listen to Al's threat to stay quiet. He's not prepared enough to run now anyway.

He sighed to himself. There'll be other, safer chances. He thought, watching his sister happily chow down on her breakfast.

Meanwhile, Alastor made his way to the door, opening it and being met with the face of a short blonde woman, smiling brightly back at him. "Ah, Mimzy! Welcome! Do come in!" He said, stepping aside.

"Thanks, Al! How ya been?" She said with a thick southern accent.

"Quite alright! Thank you for asking! How have you been, my dear?" He said, taking her hand and leaving a kiss on her knuckles.

Mimzy blushed. "Been doin' just fine! I read in the paper this mornin' 'bout the new body the cops found in the forest last night. That was you wasn' it?" She asked.

"Haha! Darling, do you even need to ask such a question? Of course it was!" Alastor laughed.

Mimzy chuckled along with him, shifting her weight from one leg to the other and pointing at him. "I only questioned it 'cause ya normally get more than one kill. So I was curious 'bout why ya only got of 'em. I was almost convinced some crazy gal got mad at 'er hubby or somthin'." She said.

"You certainly know me, dear! That's actually why I phoned you! Last night I ran into a small problem." He started. "Two homeless youngsters were snooping around the forest last night and witnessed my act of crime. One was a 13 year old young man, the other a 5 year old girl."

Mimzy gasped with a look of concern on her face. "So what'cha do 'bout 'em? I know ya wouldn' kill the girl. The boy maybe, but not the girl."

"Correct, I wouldn't kill such a defenseless creature. I couldn't. So- I merely took them in."

"Ya kidnapped 'em?" Mimzy asked calmly, making sure she understood.

"Took them in. It's not exactly kidnapping if they were without a home or family to begin with." He said. "Though, there is a problem. I still must attend to my day work and I intend to separate the two, but I do not believe I can trust the male to stay here alone without trying to escape. So I kindly ask you to watch him while I am off and make sure he does not try anything."