We are Ghost-Mates (Daminette)

Start from the beginning

Marinette learns of his bloody past, filled with rage, fire, stone, and the swiftness of his blade. It eventually fades to a cozy fireplace and pebbles, a swift blade that saves lives, sporting a red, green, and gold suit, people sigh in relief as they see him, cheer when he wins. She sees his heartbreak, his death (to which she flinches at), his and his family's identities.

Damian learns of her flour-filled past, of baked treats, hot chocolate, and stuffed animals. A needle that mended fabrics and hearts. It grew into layered cakes, warm teas, and pillows. A Red and Black-spotted suit with cries of joy, happiness, and laughter. He sees her struggles, late nights, and frustration. Her sadness at the losses she faced, her joy at success, and her anger at betrayal.

This was the start of their beautiful friendship, love, and life together.

_____________________

They stood together back to back, akumas flying around, Ladybug and Robin taking down villains left and right, Chat Noir having been down for a while. With the black cat miraculous in HawkMoth's hands, Ladybug and Robin were the last line of defense.

The spotted yo-yo zipping and the steel sword cutting through, the heroes looked victorious and they were. Heads held high as they acquired the two missing miraculous, a long mission finally passed, hard work paid off, long nights now worth it.

_____________________

However, two star-crossed lovers torn apart by death never ends well.

Flash forward a couple of years Marinette moved to Gotham to be with Damian. Paris no longer needed Ladybug, so she packed up the miraculous, her small boutique, and moved into the manor. While most would have thought she would get her own place, and she tried to, but after it got broken into the first time Damian was having none of it.

It was supposed to be a normal day for them, a walk in the park with Titus, grabbing a bite to eat at the cafe with a secret menu, and some late-night crime-fighting. Sometimes though life likes to throw curveballs at you. Wanting to test the strength of Marinette and Damian's love is exactly what life plans to do.

"Damian hurry up! The cafe will be closing soon and I really want to try the new secret menu item!" Marinette calls, no malice being heard, more fake annoyance than anything. Damian waltzes down the stairs as if he has no care in the world, knowing wholeheartedly they are ahead of schedule.

Damian stops in front of Marinette watching in amusement at her puffed-up cheeks, "How do you know you will like this new menu item?" he questions, Marinette lets out the air in her cheeks just to scrunch up her nose in annoyance.

"How do you know I won't like it?" sass filled her voice. A harmless glare crosses her face as she stares up at Damian and his small smirk.

Suddenly Damian's smirk gets bigger and he quickly leans in, kissing her lips. Marinette lets out a small gasp before responding, raping her arms around Damian's neck as his hands lay on her waist. Time slowed as green and pink light danced around the room, something that tells the world they will always be happier than them cause they are soulmates.

They slowly pull away and stare into each other's eyes lovingly. Resting their foreheads together, their breaths tickling each other lightly, small giggles leaving Marinette's mouth. "We should head out, don't want to be late now do we?" Damian asks in a low and slow voice.

In a daze of joy "Mhmm" Marinette hums out, not even paying attention to what Damian said.

He lets out a small chuckle knowing Marinette wasn't paying attention to his words. Leading her out the door and onto his car they head out.