I Didn't Ask For This- Daminette

Laughter filled the walls of a small home as a loving mother and father chase after their pride and joy. "You can't catch me, Papa, Maman" the small girl laughs as she runs through the halls. The French couple laughs as their little one trips on thin air and bounces right back up. She lets out a high pitch squeal of laughter when she is caught by her father. Her face turns red as he holds her upside down from her legs as her mother tickles her relentlessly. "I give, I give, hahahaha!" They all laugh before setting her down. "Are you still nervous for tomorrow Ma Chérie?" Sabine asks as she tucks strands of Marinette's hair behind said girl's ear. "Nope," she giggles after popping the 'p'. "Well then off to bed Ma douce you have a big day tomorrow, the first day of school," Tom says as he carries Marinette up the latter to her room.

That night as the family sleeps a crash is heard on top of the roof. Marinette being the curious person she is goes to investigate. On top she sees a boy older by a couple of years, he has striking shamrock eyes, tan skin, and soot-colored hair. Marinette and this mystery boy stare at each other taking in every small detail. His clothing catches Marinette off guard as he looks like a ninja or someone that was coming back from a costume party. She continues to scan him before she gasps when she finally notices the knife sticking out of her side. She takes one more look at him before running into her room, grabbing a first aid and her sewing kit. Once back on her terrace she sits the boy down and starts patching him up.

It was supposed to be an easy mission kill the old fool and bring back the Miraculous box and find the missing butterfly and peafowl miraculous. However, the league greatly underestimated the aged turtle and Damian was the only one to get away not unscathed of course. This leads to where he is now bleeding out on the top of some random French building. He starts to move to send a signal for assistance when he stupidly trips over a potted plant. Damian blames the blood loss. "Tt that old fool will pay for this" Damian turns and sees a younger girl staring at him. He assesses her as a possible threat and comes up empty before examining her closer. She has a missing tooth as she stares at him in wonder mouth agape, her wide cobalt blue eyes being easy to read. She has bright ebony hair in two twin tails that look blue in the moonlight. Damian notices she is in a nightgown, pink and glittery as it sparkles in the soft glow of a Paris night.

He watches as her expression turns to worry as she looks at his stomach which he momentarily forgot about. Damian keeps an eye on her as she disappears into her room and remerges carrying supplies to patch him up. He doesn't question when she starts working muttering in incoherent French as she goes. Only when she is finished does she give him a toothy grin and say "Bon retour à la maison" before retreating to her room. He smiles unsure of what she said but saves it in his memory before heading home scowling as he anticipating the punishment he will receive for failing.

"Damian you have failed me" Ra's Al Gaul states as he stares down in heir. "I'm sorry grandfather I will train harder so I never fail a mission again." His voice is strong but even Damian is unsure of what is next. His grandfather stares down at him and sees something everyone else missed. "Damian, you got stabbed yes?" "Yes, Grandfather" Ra's hums "I see and who stitched you up?" Damian freezes knowing the little bluenette who healed him could be in danger now. "I did," the demon only nods his head "did you now, so it wasn't a small French girl with a missing tooth?" Damian's heart sank and he was unsure why he's killed before why was she any different. "No Grandfather I didn't meet anyone of that description," Ra's only smirked "Bring the girl in" Damian is shocked to see the small ravenette knocked out in the arms of a leaguer. "What do you plan to do to her Grandfather?" Ra's only looks at Damian unimpressed "I'm disappointed Damian you gave your heart away so young and to a useless child." He watches as Damian's eyes scan the building for exits and looking at the number of people in the room. Ra's was shocked his heir ready to fight his own subjects for a girl he just met. "I've decided, she will stay here and be leverage, the better you perform the more you can see her and maybe return her home. The moment you start messing up missions, training or are unable to follow instructions she gets punished in your stead." With that finished Ra's nods to the assassins and they leave with Marinette in hand. "You are dismissed Damian" Damian only glares before walking out and follows to see Marinette getting placed in a room close to his.

Damian walks to find Talia, "Mother what will become of the girl while she takes resident here." Talia looks at her son as assesses him "She will be trained to fight, advance in her studies, and hopefully if you perform well we will send her home. For now, though she will be the property of the league." Damian nods before walking to his room angry with himself, 'I should have kept going' he thinks as he punches a wall.

Two years later
Damian watches as Marinette he came to learn, takes down some of the best assassins in the league using unusual methods. She was once a small hopeful girl, now at 8, she is a warrior. She learned to survive and catch up with him in pretty much everything all in a the span of a year. Then again Damian didn't have his life on the line as she does. Damian performed much better too knowing the life of someone he's come to see as his other half was constantly being threatened. "Shaytan," Marinette smiles at him as he does her "Malak" he responds nodding his head. He watches as she goes through so many emotions at once. It's funny even though being considered property of the league Marinette is not a member of the league so there are many things she can do that Damian can't such as show emotions. Finally, she lands on a mix of bothered and hesitant, "do you ever regret that night?". She doesn't explain further she knows that he knows what she is talking about. Damian sighs "Sometimes," he watches as she flinched at his words. He scans his surroundings before dragging the younger girl into his room.

"Marinette I regret so much bringing you into this." He sighs knowing that he shouldn't do what he is about to do. He brings her close in a hug something taboo for him, Damian notices that Marinette relaxes in his arms. She is always less on edge in his presence, "I am the heir to a group of assassins, but you are the one person that I could never wish my world on, however it happened and I'm so sorry Malak. One day I will set you free from all of this and you will be happy again."

Marinette giggles at Damian's words "you are way too serious for being 10 years old" He only grumbles before letting her go and dragging her out of the room or trying to. He's stopped by Marinette hugging him from behind "I never wanted this Damian, I was 6 when I was taken from my home but in these small moments with you, like this, I couldn't be happier. I do miss my family, I can't change that not until I see them again, so until then I'll be happy by your side."

Unknown to both kids the day Marinette would see her family would come sooner than they thought. The fall of the league was happening and they couldn't stop it.