2: 𝗈𝗁, 𝗆𝖺𝗇

"𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘺"

Cars rushed down the streets, people bustling around me. I let out a sigh of relief when I came across a coffe shop.

It sat at the corner of the street, painted a cream color with cute detailing all across the windows. A sign in pink writing read Rose Coffee Shop.

I opened the door and a bell signaled my entrance.

Small tables were placed around the shop and directly in front of me was the place to order.

I stood at the back of the short line, patiently waiting. I distract myself with looking at all the foods displayed in front of me.

"I want a donut," I hear a gruffled voice demand, snapping my head up to the person who was currently ordering.

He didn't even say please.

"I'm sorry, sir," replied a sweet voice, "we don't have donuts here."

Isadora.

My heart started racing just at the sound of her voice. I peeked around the man to look at her. Her hair was tied back in two pigtails and a blue apron sat over her black long-sleeve shirt.

She looked at the man with soft blue eyes, her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"And why the fuck don't you, bitch?"

I watched as she flinched at his words and her eyes became watery.

"Just make a fucking donut! How hard can it be? I swear women these days," he continues, making me narrow my eyes at him.

"Excuse me?" Another voice interrupts. A tall brown hair boy appeared next to the rude man. "I'm gonna need you to leave, sir."

The man sneered, his hand tightening in a fist. "Why?"

"You're being disrespectful and loud. So I'm kindly asking you to leave before I call the cops."

His fist raises and he goes to punch the kid but I catch his hand tightly in my own. He turns to me, his face scrunches up in anger and it almost makes me laugh.

Before he can say anything, I lean in closely and whisper coldly to him. "Leave or I'll shoot your fucking brains out. And don't think I won't."

Eyes widening in fear, he pulls his arm out of my grasp and sprints out the door, almost tripping in the process.

I scoff to myself and wipe my hands on my pants to get the disgusting germs off of them.

"Thank you, sir," the brown haired boys voice says.

"No problem," I reply, looking over at him.

He smiles at me. "Get whatever you'd like. It's free."

I smirk at that and nod my head at him. He walks back around the counter and starts talking to Isadora.

"Go have a break, Izzy. I'll cover for you."

She immediately shakes her head. "N-no. It's okay, Celeste. I-I'm fine," she argues, trying to cover it up with a smile but her eyes are still watery with tears.

"Go, Isadora," Celeste demands, slightly harder this time. Her smile turns into a pout but she complies and walks away. "What can I get you?"

"Just an iced coffee, please," I answer, my eyes mostly focused on the small girl who plops down into a booth, pulling out her phone.

I step away, letting the next person order. A few minutes later, my coffee is handed to me. I thank the person and start to make my way towards the pretty girl. 

She doesn't notice me so I take my time to let my eyes roam over her. She sits with her head down so I can't so her face. My eyes instantly look at her hands. 

They look like they could fit inside my own. 

A couple rings are on her fingers, most of them with pink detailing. The scars again make my heart ache. 

"May I sit with you?" I ask, my deep voice breaking though the silence. 

Her head snaps up as fast as lightning. I clench my jaw at the sight. Her cheeks are tear stained and her eyes continue to leak rain out of them. They widen when they see me though. 

"H-Hades?" She stutters, followed by a sniffle. 

"Mhm."

She just stares at me with her head tilted to the side. She soaks in my appearance, almost like she's making sure I'm real. "O-oh. I'm sorry. You can sit," she rushes out, coming out of her daze. 

I smile a little at her and sit in the opposite side of the booth. 

"I'm sorry," she shyly whispers, bringing her head back down. 

"For what?"

"I don't know."

My eyebrows furrow together. 

"It's-"

"I-I should get b-back to work," she decides, standing up from her seat. A frown etches its way onto my face. I open my mouth to tell her to wait but she doesn't make it even two steps before she trips.

She falls onto her hands and knees, a quiet sob instantly leaving her mouth.

I rush to her side and carefully pull her up as tears rush down her rosy cheeks. Multiple people are staring at us now. It makes me uncomfortable so I can only imagine how she feels.

I grasp her hand in my own, softly brushing my thumb against the back to soothe her some.

"It's alright, angel. Come on and I'll help you get cleaned up," I speak, keeping my tone soft and comforting.

She nods her head slightly and tighten her grip on my hand.

I lead her to the bathroom, entering the family one. I begin to take my hand out of hers so I can grab a tissue but Isadora holds on even tighter.

I smile to myself and grab it with my other hand.

I wet it with water and start to clean her scraped hands.

"You have to let go so I can clean it, precious," I inform, smirking a little at the look on her face.

She reluncently lets go so I can finish. I squat down so I can take care of her knees. They're way worse then her hands, bleeding slightly.

I take out the bandaids that I keep in my pocket for Castor, placing them on her cuts.

After I finish, I grab both her hands, kissing the palms while making direct eye contact with her.

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1047

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1047